The Examinations and Records Unit was carved out from the Academic Affairs Office of the Registry, to enable the Unit stand out in its pursuit of excellence. The Unit serves as the link between students and the University Management in matters relating to registration and examinations – an essential measurement of a student’s performance. At present, the University is in the process of full computerisation of the Unit.
The Unit does the following amongst others:
- Update and upkeep of students’ bio-data.
- Registration of students in the University.
- On-line verification of Ordinary Level results of newly admitted students.
- Issuance of Academic Transcripts. Also processes transcript requests from Institutions and Corporate Bodies).
- Issuance of Statement of Results.
- Issuance of Notification of Results for graduating students.
- Issuance of Medium of Expression.
- Issuance of Attestation Letters.
- Issuance of Certificates for Diploma, Graduate and Post-graduate programmes.
- Publishing of Students’ Enrolment list.
- Furnishing Management with Student Academic records on request.
- Represents the Registry in examination committees and other related committees on assignments bordering on examination issues.
- Serves as linkage between Colleges, Departments, Units, Committees and Students on matters involving information on students records.
- Handles correspondence to and from parents/institutions/corporate bodies on examination results and related matter(s).
MODE OF OPERATION
The Examinations and Records Unit is currently headed by a Principal Assistant Registrar, who is assisted by Administrative/Executive officers, saddled with the management of students’ personal files and records. Senate approved examination results are regularly forwarded to the Unit for the update of students’ records. Records are stored manually and electronically.
The University examines the students in two major examinations per semester. The first is the Continuous Assessment Test (CAT) and the end-of-semester examinations. This is done in accordance with University Rules and Regulations. There are other forms of assessments by the course lecturers as approved by their departments.
Procedure for Transcript Collection
A. PROCEDURE FOR UNDERGRADUATE TRANSCRIPT COLLECTION
- Applicants are expected to pay an Application fee of Three thousand naira only (N3,000.00) per copy of transcript to the Cash Office of the University, after which a receipt is issued to the Applicant.
- The Applicant then prints the Transcript Application Form, attaches the receipt of payment after filling, and returns to the Examinations and Records Office. All things being equal, the transcript is processed within three business days, after which it is ready for dispatch, subject to the choice of courier of the student. Courier fees are borne by students. (This is different from the application fee).
- Postage of Transcript
- FEDEX/RED STAR EXPRESS
Tariffs of the above Courier Services, are listed below:
i. FEDEX/RED STAR EXPRESS – PRICE LIST*
Zone A: London From N5,940 N8,605
Zone B: Great Britain From N6,875 N9,980
Zone C: West Africa From N7,260 N10,220
Zone D: Western Europe From N8,000 N10,985
Zone E: Canada/USA From N8,435 N11,485
Zone F: Middle East From N10,735 N13,555
Zone G: Far East From N11,545 N14,925
Zone H: Caribbean From N13,890 N14,970
Zone I: Eastern Europe From N12,620 N14,935
Zone J: Eastern Africa From N11,150 N13,390
*Subject to weight of parcel
ii. TNT – PRICE LIST (0.5KG)
(a) United Kingdom N6,000
West Africa N6,550
Western Europe and Africa N6,550
North America N7,070
Middle East N8,440
Far East N8,830
Australia and New Zealand N9,080
East Europe N10,640
Latin America and Caribbean N10,900
Rest of Africa N9,510
Rest of the World N11,160
(b) Intra-city (Within Abeokuta) N500
South West Nigeria N1,000
Northern Region N2,100
South East/Edo/Delta States N2,100
iii. NEW EMS SPEED POST – PRICE LIST EFFECTIVE 1/4/2009**
West Africa N6,090
Rest of Africa N6,825
South Africa N5,700
Rest o UK N5,200
Western Europe N6,000
Eastern Europe N7,500
Middle East N6,800
New York N6,300
Rest of America N6,600
Far East N7,500
Within Nigeria N950
Ordinary mail within Nigeria N250
Ordinary mail outside Nigeria N500
v. DHL EXPRESS WORLD (DOC)
Zone 1: United Kingdom N5,565
Zone 2: Africa I (Ghana, CI, CM, Togo, BJ) N6,892
Zone 3: Africa II (Other West Africa) N8,035
Zone 4: Western Europe N8,035
Zone 5: USA & Canada N7,261
Zone 6: (Africa III, ZA, KE) N9,693
Zone 7: (Africa: Rest of Africa) N10,946
Zone 8: (Middle East: Eastern Europe) N11,135
Zone 9: (Asia & Australia) N10,430
Zone 10: Latin America N15,589
Please note: Transcripts can only be sent to an Academic Institution or a Corporate Organisation and not to a Private or Personal address. In addition, it can not be collected by hand. In addition, courier fees are subject to change by the respective couriers without notice. For complaints/further enquiries, please mail email@example.com
- Transcript Application Form Click here
B. PROCESSING OF STATEMENT OF RESULTS
i. Applicants are expected to pay an Application fee of One thousand Naira only (N1,000.00) per copy per session to the Cash Office of the University, after which a receipt is issued to the Applicant.
ii. The Applicant forwards an application to the Head, Examinations and Records Unit, attaching the original receipt, for processing and collection within three business days after application.
iii. Statement of Result can be collected by hand.
- Statement of Results Form Click here
C. MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
i. This could be obtained on request to the Head, Examinations and Records Unit, within twenty – four (24 hours) after application. Application fee is One thousand naira only (N1,000.00). The University receipt should be attached with the Application Form.
ii. If requested, Medium of Instruction could be sent along with a transcript to any institution abroad where an applicant has applied to further his/her education. However, an applicant can collect by hand if he/she so desires.
- Medium of Instruction Form Click here
D. VERIFICATION OF CERTIFICATE
- This is done for Institutions, Corporate bodies or organisations under confidential cover, on request to The Registrar, University of Agriculture, P.M.B. 2240, Alabata Road, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E. LETTER OF ATTESTATION
At the payment of One thousand (N1,000.00) naira to the University Bursary, an applicant could request for an Attestation Letter to support his/her studentship or otherwise.
- Letter of Attestation Form Click here
2. PROCEDURE FOR COLLECTION OF DEGREE CERTIFICATE
An Alumnus must bring the following for collection of certificate:
(A) FIRST DEGREE
i. Evidence of payment of Convocation gown.
ii. Evidence of payment of Alumni fee.
iii. Submission of University Student Identification Card.
iv. One passport size photograph.
v. Payment of Two thousand naira only (N2,000) to the University Bursary. (Original receipt must be attached to the Certificate Collection Form).
i. Evidence of payment of Convocation gown.
ii. Evidence of payment of Alumni fee.
iii. One passport size photograph
iv. Photocopy of Notification of Result
v. Payment of Two thousand naira only (N2,000). (Original receipt must be attached to the Certificate Collection Form).
Note: Certificates are ready for collection from the day of Convocation.
Having fulfilled the criteria for collection of Certificates, Certificates can not be collected by proxy. However, in exceptional cases, the Alumnus could issue a letter of authorization with his/her passport photograph, endorsing the passport photograph of the individual collecting the certificate on his/her behalf. The individual should have a valid I. D. Card, Driving Licence, International Passport, National I. D. Card for presentation and verification. A back – up letter from a staff of the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta on CONTISS 13 and above, should endorse collection as well. For further details or enquiries on the above, please mail: email@example.com.
- Collection of Certificate Form Click here
APPLICATION FORMS FOR STUDENTS
A. Fresh Student
- Verification Form for Fresh Student Click here
- Student’s Personal Data Form Click here
- Add and Delete Form Click here