The philosophy that guides the training programme is to produce graduates with high academic standard and adequate skills in mechatronics engineering to promote rapid industrialization and automation of industrial processes for self-reliance and environmental sustainability.
The objectives of the Department are to produce graduates who will be able to:
- design engineering projects and produce components, machines, equipment and systems.
- design and develop new products and production techniques and manage people, funds, materials and equipment in industries.
- install and maintain complex engineering systems so that they can perform optimally in our environment.
- adapt and adopt exogenous technology in order to solve local engineering problems.
- exercise original thoughts, have sound professional judgement and be able to take responsibility for the direction of important tasks and function effectively in multidisciplinary teams and projects.