FUNAAB Vice-Chancellor Calls for Peace … Says I am a Testimony of God’s Existence
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Kolawole Salako has stressed the need for religious tolerance, peace and harmony among members ... Read more
VC Tours INHURD
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Kolawole Salako has paid a maiden visit to the Institute for Human Resources Development (INHURD) ... Read more
Workshop Tackles Food Insecurity
As part of concerted efforts at addressing the challenges facing global demand for safe food, the Food Processing and Value Addition ... Read more
COREN Commences COLENG Re-accreditation
The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), has commenced a re-accreditation process, aimed at evaluating the standard ... Read more
ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR 2017/2018 ACADEMIC SESSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the following Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree programmes at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria ... Download Advert | Apply Now
FUNAAB’s 54 t h INAUGURAL LECTURE: Prof. Okeleye Tackles Food Insecurity
Radical transformation of Nigeria’s food system has been proffered as solution to food insecurity and poverty eradication ... Read more
Deforestation, Over-exploitation threat to Medicinal Plants Existence - FUNAAB VC
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Kolawole Salako has said that deforestation and over-exploitation were major threats to existence ... Read more
Obasanjo, Alake Express Confidence in FUNAAB’s Vice-Chancellor
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Paramount Ruler and Alake of Egbaland, HRM, Oba (Dr.) Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo ... Read more
FUNAAB’s New VC Gets Instrument of Office
The newly-appointed sixth substantive Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Professor Felix ... Read more
Prof. Dipeolu Becomes Dean, COLAMRUD
A Professor in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, Professor Adewale Dipeolu has been elected as Dean ... Read more
Dr Onwuka Becomes Head, DPR
A renowned Administrator and Scholar, Dr. Linda Onwuka has been appointed Head, Directorate of Public Relations. Dr Onkuwa... Read more
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION AND TENDER
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) invites interested, competent and reputable contractors for ... Read more
Degree: OND\HND, PGDE
Telephone Number: +234-8034097596, +234-8187173592
Department: Biotechnology Centre/ Central Laboratory,FUNAAB.
Rank: Senior Laboratory Technologist.
Sorunke, Taiwo Oludare is a Technologist at Central Laboratory in Chemical Instrumentation Unit of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. He is in charge of Atomic Absorption spectrophotometer. Sorunke was born in Abeokuta in May 11, 1973 and hails from Abeokuta in Ogun State, Nigeria. He obtained his Ordinary National Diploma in 1995, Final Diploma (HND) in 2000 from the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. He got his post-graduate diploma in Education (PGDE) in 2008 from University of Ado-Ekiti. He began
his Technologist career at Federal University Agriculture, Abeokuta in August, 2009 where he continued his esteemed career as Technologist.
Sorunke has been involved in Research/Project of the undergraduate and post graduate level both within and outside the campus. He has worked in various research in the laboratory like chemical analysis of food, beverages, feed, water drugs and other materials, Mineral Analysis and production of distilled and de-ionized water for the use of our students and researchers both within and outside the University. He has also worked on the effect of heavy metal in our water, food, cosmetics etc. He is a member of Nigeria Institute of Science and Laboratory Technology (AISLT) Membership No.: A6550
Conferences/Seminars/Workshops attended are listed below:
• Workshop on Scientific Laboratory and Technology Equipment for Educational Institutions and organisation held on Monday 26th October 2009 in Lagos.
• Instrument training for installation, operation and troubleshooting of the entire buck scientific line of instrumentation held between 8th-11th December, 2009 in Lagos.
• Training on Application of Spectrophotometric equipment for laboratory Analysis organized by Nigeria Institute of Science Laboratory Samanda held between 14th -20th 2011
• Multidisciplinary Central Research Laboratory (MCRL) University of Ibadan Workshop on applications of Atomic Absorption Spectrophometry (AAS) Fourier Transform Infra –Red (FTIR) spectrometry, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) held between Monday 10 – Friday 14 November, 2014 in Ibadan
• A Day’s Workshop on Water purification and innovative solutions for production of pure and ultra pure water in Laboratory held on Wednesday July 22,2015