Re: Appeal for Registration 2016/2017 Session
Senate at its reconvened 211thStatutory meeting held on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 considered the various appeals received from undergraduate students... Read more
Governing Council Parleys Staff Unions
To foster harmonious working relationship in the University, the Governing Council has held an informal interaction with all the... Read more
Professor Arigbede Advocates for All-inclusive Adoptable Research
A Professor of Ruminant Nutrition and Forage Science in the Department of Pasture and Range Management (PRM)... Read more
Former Nigerian President, Passionate About Anti-Corruption War, Says Pro-Chancellor
A former Nigerian President, Chief (Dr.) Olusegun Obasanjo, has been described as very passionate and fully committed to the fight .. Read more
COLENG Holds First College Lecture Series
As an important means of bridging the gap between its students and lecturers, the College of Engineering (COLENG), has held its .. Read more
Business Excellence Summit Promotes Agriculture
Nigerian youths have been charged to embrace agriculture and take advantage of the enormous opportunities that abound in it, as. .. Read more
Microfinance Bank Launches ATM Card
To ensure that its customers enjoy quality services that are comparable with other banks in the country, the University of Agriculture, .. Read more
FUNAAB Holds 7th Distinguished Lecture Series on Environment
Furtherance to the 2017 World Environment Day celebration, the University has held the 7th Distinguished Lecture Series on Environment.. Read more
UN Endorses FUNAAB’s OFSP
The Sustainable Food Systems (SFS) Programme of the United Nations' 10-Year Framework on Sustainable Consumption and Production.. Read more
CEADESE: Invitation for BIDS
The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received credit from the World Bank towards the implementation of Africa Centres of Excellence Projects.. Read more
FUNAAB Don Develops Improved Chicken Breed
Professor of Animal Breeding and Genetics in the College of Animal Science and Livestock Production (COLANIM), Professor ... Read more
ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR 2016/2017 ACADEMIC SESSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the following Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree programmes at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria ... Download Advert | Apply Now
Degree: OND\HND, PGDE
Telephone Number: +234-8034097596, +234-8187173592
Department: Biotechnology Centre/ Central Laboratory,FUNAAB.
Rank: Senior Laboratory Technologist.
Sorunke, Taiwo Oludare is a Technologist at Central Laboratory in Chemical Instrumentation Unit of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. He is in charge of Atomic Absorption spectrophotometer. Sorunke was born in Abeokuta in May 11, 1973 and hails from Abeokuta in Ogun State, Nigeria. He obtained his Ordinary National Diploma in 1995, Final Diploma (HND) in 2000 from the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. He got his post-graduate diploma in Education (PGDE) in 2008 from University of Ado-Ekiti. He began
his Technologist career at Federal University Agriculture, Abeokuta in August, 2009 where he continued his esteemed career as Technologist.
Sorunke has been involved in Research/Project of the undergraduate and post graduate level both within and outside the campus. He has worked in various research in the laboratory like chemical analysis of food, beverages, feed, water drugs and other materials, Mineral Analysis and production of distilled and de-ionized water for the use of our students and researchers both within and outside the University. He has also worked on the effect of heavy metal in our water, food, cosmetics etc. He is a member of Nigeria Institute of Science and Laboratory Technology (AISLT) Membership No.: A6550
Conferences/Seminars/Workshops attended are listed below:
• Workshop on Scientific Laboratory and Technology Equipment for Educational Institutions and organisation held on Monday 26th October 2009 in Lagos.
• Instrument training for installation, operation and troubleshooting of the entire buck scientific line of instrumentation held between 8th-11th December, 2009 in Lagos.
• Training on Application of Spectrophotometric equipment for laboratory Analysis organized by Nigeria Institute of Science Laboratory Samanda held between 14th -20th 2011
• Multidisciplinary Central Research Laboratory (MCRL) University of Ibadan Workshop on applications of Atomic Absorption Spectrophometry (AAS) Fourier Transform Infra –Red (FTIR) spectrometry, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) held between Monday 10 – Friday 14 November, 2014 in Ibadan
• A Day’s Workshop on Water purification and innovative solutions for production of pure and ultra pure water in Laboratory held on Wednesday July 22,2015