FUNAAB welcomes its Visiting Lecturer, Professor Florentin Smarandache from University of New Mexico, USA to the Mathematics department.
Professor FlorentinSmarandache is a world class Mathematician in the Department of Mathematics and Science, University of New Mexico, USA. He is a scientist and a writer. He writes in three languages: Romanian, French and English. He has published over 500 scientific papers and over 200 books in mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, information fusion, as well as literary works such as poetry, stories, essays, novel, translation, dramas, plays for children, folklore, and, albums of arts.
Professor Smarandachein 1995 foundedNeutrosophic Logic/Set Theory which is an extension/generalization of the Fuzzy Logic/Set Theory founded in 1965 by Professor Lotfi A. Zadeh. Department of Mathematics FUNAAB is the only Department in any University in Nigeria and the whole of West Africa where there is an expert in Neutrosophic Logic/Set Theory in person of Professor A.A.A. Agboola. In recognition of the contributions of Professor Agboola to the research inNeutrosophic Logic/Set Theory, Professor Smarandachewill be visiting the University and in particular the Department of Mathematics between May 14 and June 4, 2017.
The visitation of Professor Smarandache to FUNAAB will be beneficial in the following regards:
- Establish scientific collaborations between Department of Mathematics FUNAAB and his Department in USA.
- Facilitate linkage between FUNAAB and his University in USA.
- Earn the Department of Mathematics FUNAAB and the University international recognition.
- Expose staff and students in the Departments of Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Food Technology, Economics, Agricultural Economics and Water Resources Management into new areas of research in Neutrosophic Logic/Set Theory and applications through direct teaching and scientific seminars.
- Donation of books to the University and the Department of Mathematics in particular.