The major functions of AMREC are to:
• Coordinate and supervise all extension and outreach programmes of the University.
• Translate agricultural research findings into agricultural media materials with main emphasis on video, audio and printed materials for dissemination of information to farmers.
• Train extension personnel in the area of agricultural media productions such as bulletins, posters, pamphlets, extension guides etc, on a variety of general agricultural topics that can be used in working with the farmers.
• Provide specialized trainings for farmers in UNAAB catchments area.
• Disseminate agricultural information to farmers through the UNAAB Community Radio and liaise with Television stations to telecast agricultural innovations/technologies emanated from UNAAB.
• Evolve through research and practice, improved extension models, evaluate extension programmes and translate research findings to usable forms for various extension agencies in UNAAB catchments area.
Publish proven academic/technical/extension texts, reports and proceedings emanating from the works .of researchers and other subject matter specialists.
· Conduct On-Farm Adaptive Research (OFAR) and teach new agricultural technologies that are well adaptable to the ecological zones in Southwest Nigeria.
· Conduct trainings, workshops, seminars and conferences on agricultural and extension services related activities.
· Provide communication support facilities for training, research and extension activities.