Email: email@example.com ,
Telephone: +2348033349340, 039774690
Department: Pure and Applied Zoology
Academic Rank: Professor
Olufunmilayo Idowu is a Professor of Parasitology in the Department of Pure and Applied Zoology, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. Her B.Sc was in Zoology while M.Sc and PhD in Medical Parasitology. An experienced lecturer and researcher involved in both Basic and Applied Parasitology studies in malaria and helminths parasites for over two decades. Her research interest has been jeered towards providing research informed recommendations for the control of parasitic infections in Nigeria. She has been involved in epidemiological studies and has also documented social cultural factors impending control of parasitic diseases in Nigeria.
She has been involved in operational and implementation researches in
- Epidemiology and impact assessment of malaria control interventions in pregnancy
- Malaria studies in maternal and child health
- Evaluation of antiplasmodia properties of various traditional herbs.
- Malaria Vector and Environmental Management
- Other Human and Animal Parasites of Medical Interest
- Institutions Attended
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Awards Received
- Courses Taught
- Conferences Attended