ESTABLISHMENT MATTERS UNIT
The Establishment Matters Unit is the Personnel Division of the Registry with two sub-units, vis-à-vis:
– Senior Staff Establishment Matters
– Junior Staff Establishment Matters
SENIOR STAFF ESTABLISHMENT MATTERS
The Senior Staff Establishment Matters Unit replaced the Academic Staff Personnel and Pension Matters in the year 2010 and is in charge of Senior Staff (Teaching and Non-Teaching) of the University.
The Unit assists the Registrar in the day-to-day administrative running of the University as follows:
– Conduct of interview for short-listed applicants.
– Appointments and promotions of Academic and senior non-Teaching staff as well as confirmations of Appointments.
– Processing of Staff leave including sabbatical leave, study leave, maternity leave etc and entitlements e.g. passage and accommodation allowances.
– Processing of transfer of service, termination and resignation of appointments and withdrawal of service.
– Processing of position papers for Council, APCONTS/APCAS and Management consideration.
– Interpretation of the Rules and Regulations of the University to guide the Management in taking decisions on diverse matters.
– Handling staff disciplinary matters.
– Preparing of staff nominal roll for general administration.
– Processing and issuance of staff identity cards.
– Implementing of Management decisions as they relate to senior staff matters.
JUNIOR STAFF ESTBLISHMENT MATTERS UNIT (JSEM)
The Junior Staff Establishment Matters Unit was extracted from the Administrative Technical and Personnel in 2010. It is the custodian of records of all junior staff of the University. The Unit performs the following functions:
– Processing of junior staff appointments and promotions as well as keeping records of such.
– Preparing, keeping and updating of all junior staff records and data.
– Processing of junior staff leaves entitlements, including maternity leave, transfer of service, termination and resignation of appointment and withdrawal of service.
– Handling junior staff disciplinary matters.
– Preparing of junior staff nominal roll for general administration.
– Processing and issuance junior staff Identity Cards.
– Implementing of Management decisions as they relate to junior staff members.
Last Updated on September 28, 2010 by admin