DANSU, Bolanle Muinat
Degree: B.Sc., M.Sc.
Academic Rank: Lecturer II
ACADEMIC DEGREES WITH DATE
M.Sc. Statistics (Distinction) – 2005
B.Sc. Mathematical Sciences (Statistics Option) – 2000
National Diploma in Statistics – 1997
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATE
University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB) – 2001 – 2005.
University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB) – 1997 – 2000
Osun State Polytechnic, Iree. – 1995 – 1997
Igangan High School, Igangan – 1988 -1993
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Member, International Biometrics Society.
Member, Nigeria Statistical Association (MNSA).
Member, Association of University Women (UNAAB Chapter).
PRIZES, HONOURS, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITIONS.
Course Title Course Code Units Period Taught
Statistics for non-major STS201 3 2005 – date
Statistical Inference I STS212 2 2005 – date
Statistical Inference I practical STS292 1 2005 – date
Sampling Techniques I STS343 2 2005 – date
Sampling Techniques I practical STS391 1 2005 – date
I have supervised Twelve (12) undergraduate students in last three years.
(1) Statistical Analysis of Petroleum Price in Odeda Local Government, Ogun
State Nigeria. B.Sc. Project, 2000.
(2) Comparative Analysis of Genotype by Environment Interaction Models.
M.Sc. Thesis, 2005.
(b) Articles in Learned Journals:
(1) B.M. Dansu and O.E. Asiribo: Spatial Association between Malaria Pandemic and Mortality, Data Science Journal Vol. 6 (2007), 145-153.
(2) O.Folorunso, O.R Vincent and B.M. Dansu: Image edge detection: a knowledge management technique for visual scene analysis. Information Management and Computer Security .Vol.15 (1) (2007), 23-32.
(c) Articles in Conference Procedings:
(1) B.M. Dansu and G.A. Dawodu: Statistical Contributions Towards Combating HIV/AIDS as a way of achieving Millennium Development Goals (MDG). Nigeria Statistical Association (2007): 175-182.
(2) O.R. Vincent and B.M. Dansu: Performance Evaluation of Critical Factors affecting Technology adoption in the Legislative process. Proceedings of the Second Conference on Science and National Development, College of Natural Science, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (2006):62-70
(d) Articles submitted for Publication:
(1) Dansu, B.M.: Bayesian Spatial Prediction of the Malaria infection in Nigeria.
(Manuscript submitted to Journal of Statistical Planning Inference).
(2) Dansu, B.M.: A Comparison between parametric and non-parametric approaches to
the analysis of spatial point patterns. (Manuscript submitted to Egypt Statistics Journal).
(3) Dansu, B.M.: Using Covariance structure in the analysis of repeated measure data. (Manuscript submitted to Pakistan Journal of Statistics).