Degree: N.C.E, B.Ed, M.Ed, Ph.D.
Tel: +234-803-318-7298, 0809788495
Department: Communication & Gen. Studies
Academic Rank: Senior Lecturer
Current Position: Director, GRECC
ACADEMIC DEGREES WITH DATE
• Ph. D. 2004
• M. Ed. 1992
• B. Ed. 1984
• N.C.E. 1981
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATE
• Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. 1995-2004
• Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. 1989-1991
• University of Benin, Benin- City 1982-1984
• Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo. 1978-1981
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
• Member, Nigerian English Studies Association
• Member, National Association of Teachers and Researchers in Teaching English as a
Second Language (NATRESL)
• Member, Gender Study Group, Nigeria
PRIZES, HONOURS, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION
• Teaching English and Communication Skills GNS 101
• Teaching Writing and Literary Appreciation GNS 201
• Essentials of Scholarly Writing
• Developmental Writing
1. BODUNDE, H.A. (1991): “Factors Influencing Adolescents’ Attitudes to School Rules and regulations in Zaria Secondary Schools”
2. BODUNDE, H.A. (2004): “The relationship between Language Policy Preference and Implementation at the primary School Level: Implications for Policy re-design”
3. BODUNDE, H.A. (1996): “An Appraisal of Language Policy in Education as Stipulated in the National Policy on Education” Samaru Journal of Agricultural Education; 5 (1&5): 41-49
4. PALU, D.Z. AND BODUNDE, H.A. (1996): “Innovation in Curriculum Programmes: A Focus on English a Language of Instruction “Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and instruction; 3(1): 23-25
5. ABUBAKAR, B.M AND BODUNDE, H.A.: (1996): “Women in Adult and Nor-formal Education in Nigeria’. Gender issues in Education and Development; 8: 213-233
6. BODUNDE, H.A. AND Z.D. PALU (1998): “Sex and performance in English and Communication Skills in Vocational and Technical and Technical Education” Journal of Quality Education; 5 91-98
7. BODUNDE, H.A. (1998): “ Language Policy on Education in Nigeria: A focus on Vocational & Technical Education: Nigerian Journal of curriculum and Instruction; 6: 38-42
8. OSHAGBAMI, M.I AND BODUNDE, H.A. (1998): “Teachers’ and Students’ Perception of English Language Skills’ Needs of Agriculture Students of Ahmadu Bello University, Colleges of Agriculture’ Nigerian Journal of Technical education; 15 (2): 132-140
9. BODUNDE, H.A. AND D.Z. PALU (1998): “Bi-lingual Education as an Instrument for National Development. “Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and Instruction; 7: 111-115
10. PALU, D.Z. AND BODUNDE, H.A. (1998): “The Importance of Indigenous Languages in Media Education for National Development. Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and Instruction; 7: (2): 67-74
11. BODUNDE, H.A. AND OSHAGBAMI, E.I. (1999); “English for Academic Purpose (EAP) in Ahmedu Bello University: Issues, Problems and prospects”. Samaru Journal of Agricultural Education; 6 (1&2): 31-39
12. BODUNDE, H.A. AND D.L. OBIEJE (1999): “Language Revitalization; A Satellite for Enduring Democracy” Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and Instruction; 8, (4): 104-113
13. BODUNDE, H.A. (2000): “A Viable Theory for Teaching and Learning of a Second Language: Contrastive Analysis” Knowledge review; 3(5): 94-98
14. ADURADOLA, R.R. AND BODUNDE, H.A. (2001): “Use of Communicative Media for Improving Language teaching and Learning” Knowledge Review; 3 (5): 143-148
15. BODUNDE, H.A. (2005): “Towards a functional Language Policy for Primary School Instruction in Nigeria” Gege: Ogun Studies in English; 5(1): 220-233
16. BODUNDE, H.A. (2005): “Students’ Perception on Effective teaching and Learning of English Communication Skills: An Approach to Need Analysis. English language teaching Today. 4(2): 21-28
17. BODUNDE, H.A. AND B.S. SOTILOYE (20060: Grammatical Errors in the Essays of Undergraduate: Samples from the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Gege: Ogun Studies in English. 7(1)
18. BODUNDE, H.A. (2006): “An Appraisal of Reading Skill and Comprehension Ability of Pupils in Nigerian Primary Schools. English Language Teaching Today. 5 59-70
19. BODUNDE, H.A. AND SOTILOYE, B.S. (2007): “The Themes of Good and Evil in Medieval Drama as Exemplified in Everyman and Dr. Faustus: A Panacea for Societal re-orientation. Knowledge
20. BODUNDE, H.A. (2008): “School Location and Proficiency in Oral English. Asset Series C, 3(1): 80-85
21. AKEREDOLU-ALE, B. SOTILOYE, T. AZEEZ, H.A. BODUNDE, P. AYEBOLA AND R. ADURADOLA (2003): “ Communication Skills in English for Tertiary Institutions, Abeokuta: General Studies Department
22. BODUNDE, H.A., R.R. ADURADOLA, B. AKEREDOLU-ALE, P.AYEBOLA, B. SOTILOYE AND T. AZEEZ (2005): “Communicative English Practice”. Abeokuta: general Studies Department.
23. BODUNDE, H.A. (2005): “Attitude o Choice of medium of instruction in Nigerian Primary Schools. Proceedings of English language Teaching Today. 2, 39-44.
1. PALU, D.Z AND H.A. BODUNDE (1996): “The role of English for Science and technology (EST) in Enhancing Technical Education for Self-reliance “A paper presented at the national Conference on Education, held at Federal College of Education, Katsina Between 22nd – 25th October.
2. BODUNDE, H.A. AND B.M. ABUBKAR (1996): “Students’ sex as it affect negative attitude to school rules and regulations. Paper presented at the Conference on Education organized by the Association of Promoting Quality Education at Kaduna Polytechnic 8th – 12th October.
3. BODUNDE, H.A. (1996): “The Contribution of Linguistics to Language Pedagogy. “A Paper presented at the National Conference on Language and Literature in Federal College of Education. Zaria between 21st – 25th October.
4. BODUNDE, H.A. AND D.Z. PALU (1998): “Women Enrolment in Vocational / Technical Education: A case study of Samaru College of Agriculture and Federal College of Chemical and Leather Technology, Zaria:. A paper presented at the 3rd Biennial Conference of School of Education Nsugbe between 6th – 10th July.
5. BODUNDE, H.A. (2000): “Medium of Instruction Controversy: Language utility or inefficiency”. A paper presented at Modern Languages Association of Nigeria at the French Village, Badagry. April 20th – 22nd
6. BODUNDE, H.A. (2006): “English and Communication Skills in Nigerian tertiary Institutions: The State of the Art. A paper presented at National Conference of NATRESL held in Makurdi, August 2nd – 5th
7. BODUNDE, H.A., K. ADENIYI AND B.S. SOTILOYE (20070: “Use of Drama in Attitudinal Change among the Adolescents: UNAAB Experience. A paper presented in the 5th NATRESL Conference held between 18th and 22nd of July, 2007 at FUTO, Owerri, Nigeria.
8. SOTILOYE, B.S. AND H.A. BODUNDE (2007): “Necessary Herculean Task: re-writing the English Orthography A paper presented in the 5th NATRESL Conference held between 18th and 22nd of July, 2007 at FUTO, Owerri, Nigeria.
9. BODUNDE, H.A. AND F.A. OLANIPEKUN (2008); “Peer Critiquing as an effective Strategy for Teaching writing” A Paper presented in the 6th NATRESL Conference held between 21st and 25th of October, 2008 at FUT, Akure, Nigeria.
1. Bodunde H.A. (1997). “The Roles of Communication in Extension Services. “A lead Paper presented at a seminar organized by the Students’ wing of Farm Management Association of Nigeria. 1st November.
2. Bodunde, H.A. (1998). “Communication and Agricultural Extension Dialogues. “A Paper presented during a workshop on communication skills training methods. May 25-27th.
3. Bodunde, H A (2008). ‘Hints on Effective Communication in Academics. Paper presented at the Training Workshop on Ethics for Teaching in the University organized by RESDEC, UNAAB between 8th and 9th April, 2008
4. Bodunde, H A (2008). ‘ Effective Use of Communication Skills. Paper presented at the Training Workshop on Work Ethics for Professional and Technical Staff in the University organized by RESDEC, UNAAB between 22nd and October, 2008 .
5. Bodunde, H.A. (2008) ‘Teaching as a Profession’. A paper presented to the first batch of NYSC members at NYSC camp, Sagamu on 9th April, 2008.
Last Updated on November 9, 2010 by admin