The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Oluwafemi Olaiya Balogun has reaffirmed the commitment of Management to raising the Bar of Excellence with the construction of a 2,000 Capacity Auditorium in the University.
This is in addition to the Lecture Halls and Lecture Rooms for Farm Centre.
Professor Balogun made this known while delivering his speech at the orientation programme for fresh students of the university. The Vice-Chancellor was represented at the occasion by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Professor Chryss Onwuka.
He noted that the Management had provided additional buses and hostels, to ameliorate the difficulties encountered in the areas of transportation and accommodation, respectively.
Professor Balogun specifically said that there had been a rapid increase in students’ facilities in the following areas:
- Construction of a Female and a Male Hostel every year since assumption of office;
- Rehabilitation of existing Hostels;
- Wall-fencing of the Female Hostels;
- Provision of 4Nos. 32-seater Coaster Buses and 1 No. 43-seater Bus for off-campus students;
- Provision of 7 Nos. 43-seater Buses;
- Donation of 1 No.18-seater Bus for the Students’ Union Executive;
- Donation of 1 No.18-seater Bus for the Student Road Safety Club,
- Donation of 1 No. 18-seater Bus for the Physically-Challenged Students;
- Sinking of boreholes;
- Provision of power generating sets as alternative energy source;
- Sponsorship of four (4) Students to the 5th World Youth Congress in Istanbul, Turkey, in 2010;
- Sponsorship of two (2) Students’ Union leader to “Access to Success Workshop”, organized by the Association of African Universities (AAU) held, in Accra, Ghana in May, 2010;
- Construction of additional building for Student Eateries (Bukateria);
- Payment of School Fees/Allowances for several indigent students; and
- Student empowerment through Weekend Students’ Farm Work.
Professor Oluwafemi Olaiya Balogun
Last Updated on November 23, 2010 by admin