…VC Inaugurates Committee On Re-organization & Re-structuring
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Oluwafemi Balogun (arrowed) surrounded by members of the committee at the inauguration
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Oluwafemi Olaiya Balogun has inaugurated the Committee on Re-organization and Re-structuring of the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta , (UNAAB).
To underscore the importance of the Committee, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Balogun will serve as the Chairman, with other top brass of Management as members. They include: the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Development), Professor S. T. O. Lagoke; the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Development), the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic),
Professor C.F.I Onwuka; Acting Registrar, Mr. A.O Adeboye, Acting Bursar, Mr. M.O Ilesanmi and the University Librarian, Mr. A.T Agboola.
The Dean of the College of Agricultural Management and Rural Development (COLAMRUD), Professor S.O Apantaku; Dean, College of Animal Science and Livestock Production (COLANIM), Professor (Mrs.) Daisy Eruvbetine; Dean, College of Engineering (COLENG), Professor E.S.A Ajisegiri and Dean, College of Environmental Resources Management (COLERM), Professor T.A Arowolo, are members.
Also serving as members are: Dean, College of Food and Human Ecology (COLFHEC), Professor (Mrs.) F.O Henshaw; Dean, College of Natural Sciences (COLNAS), Professor T.O.S Popoola; Dean, College of Plant Science and Crop Production (COLPLANT), Professor O.B Kehinde; Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine, Professor (Mrs.) M.A Dipeolu and Dean, Postgraduate School, Professor S.O Afolami.
Other members include the Director, Academic Planning Unit, Professor M.A Waheed; Director, Physical Planning Unit, Mr. B. A. Ayodele; Director, Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies; Professor O. Bamgbose; Deputy Registrar (Council Affairs), Mrs. Maryam Popoola; Senior Assistant Registrar, Senate and Admissions, Mr. A.A Salaam; while the Assistant Registrar, Legal Unit, Mrs. T. O Oyerinde, will serve as Secretary.
The Committee was inaugurated last Thursday at the University’s Council Chamber, with the following Terms of Reference:
- To review the existing academic organization and structure of the University and propose re-organization and re-structuring, in response to the metamorphosis of the University as a poly-academic institution;
- To propose and prioritized new Colleges that are relevant to the socio-economic aspiration of the Federal Government of Nigeria in increasing access to University education;
- To propose phasal development of the prioritized programmes;
- To propose the siting of the proposed programmes;
- To propose the re-arrangement and re-distribution of the existing infrastructures, to catalyze quick take-off of prioritized programmes, in order to positively respond to the yearnings of the Federal Government of Nigeria and its people; and
- To consider any other related issues that would fast-track the metamorphosis of the University into a poly-academic University or diversification of the University’s academic programmes, to respond to the desire of the Federal Government of Nigeria to boost access to higher education in the country.
Last Updated on February 16, 2011 by admin