Degree: B.Sc., M.Sc.
Telephone: + 234-803-337-4311
Academic Rank: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Principal Laboratory Technologist
ACADEMIC DEGREES WITH DATE
MS.c. Medical Microbiology 2009
Post Graduate Diploma ( Microbiology / Virology ) 2004
Higher National Diploma ( Microbiology / Virology ) 1997
HND ( NISTE Final diploma Microbiology ) 1997
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATE
Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago- Iwoye Ogun State Nigeria 2006- 2009
Lagos State University ( LASU ) Ojo, Lagos Nigeria 2001- 2004
University Of Agriculture Abeokuta, Ogun State Nigeria 1989-1997
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
* The Nigerian Society of Microbiology Member
* American Society of Microbiology Member
* Biotechnology Society of Nigeria Member
PRIZES, HONOURS, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITIONS.
i.) Member, Nigerian Institute of Science Technologist
ii) Member, Nigerian Society for Microbiology
iii.) Member, American Society for Microbiology
1. Akinyemi, K.O., Atayese, A.O. and Oyefolu, A.O. (2004). Comparison of relative effectiveness of culture and serological methords in typhoid fever diagnosis in Abeokuta metropolis. Proceedings of the first International Conference on Science and National Development held at the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. Oct. 25-28, 2004/ pp 30-33
2. Omemu A. M., Edema M. O., Atayese A.O., Obadina A.O. (2006) A survey of the microflora of Hibiscus sabdariffa (Roselle) and the resulting “Zobo” juice. African journal of biotechnology 5 (3): 254-259
3. M.O Edema., A.O Atayese. (2006) Bacteriological Quality of cracked eggs sold for consumption in Abeokuta, Nigeria.International journal of poultry science 5(8): 772-775.
4. Shittu T.A., Edema M.O., Dada O. and Atayese A.O. (2009) Microoragnisms associated with the spoilage of “pupuru”. Food control 21 (2010): 203-206. Doi: 10. 1016/j.foodcont.2009.05.012
5. Adewuyi,S. K.T. Kareem, Atayese, A.O.Amolegbe, S.A. and Akinremi, C.A. (2010) Chitosan-Cobalt (11) Chealetes as Antibactarial agents. International journal of Biological Macromolecules Doi: 10.1016/J.ijbiomac.2010.12.004
6. Obaleye, J.A, Amolegbe, S.A. and Akinremi, C.A., Lawal , A. and Atayese, A.O. (2010) Synthesis characterization and antimicrobial activities of some late transition metal complexes bearing (N^O) Protected Ligands. Ogun CSN, Conference proceedings Chemical Society of Nigeria (CSN). In press
7. Adijat Olabisi Atayese, Hyacinth Izuka Effedua, Kolawole Sunday Oritogun, Kehinde Titilope Kareem Afolabi Oluwadun (2010).Comparative study of the antimicrobial activity of chlorinated and non chlorinated antiseptics against C. albicans Academia Arena in press.
8. Edema M.O, Atayese A.O and Bankole M.O (2011). Pure water Syndrome: Bacteriological quality of sachet- packed drinking water sold in Nigeria. African Journal of food Agriculture Nutrition and Development vol.11No1.
Conferences and Workshop attended with dates
i.) Advanced Laboratory Training Course: Molecular Medical Mycology. Sponsored by Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the University of Melbourne Held at Mahidol University Bangkok, Thailand. Nov. 22-29, 2009.
ii.) Practical Biotechnology, Basic Molecular Biology Techniques- A Theoretical and Practical course, held in The University of Agriculture Abeokuta. Ogun State, Nigeria. 5th- 11th July 2009.
iii.) Training Workshop on Advanced Instrumentation and its Sustainability:, held in the University of Agriculture Abeokuta. Ogun State, Nigeria. 11th 13th March, 2009
iv.) Training workshop on General Laboratory Technique and Methods;, held in the University of Agriculture Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. 14th-15th January, 2009
v.) International Conference on Science and National Development (ICSND-UNAAB 2004)
vi.) Laboratory Ethics, Usage and Management, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, 1999.
i, Commendation letter from the Registrar for punctuality at work. 10th December, 2008.
ii, Commendation letter from the Head, Department of Microbiology (between 2005-2009), for appreciation of devoted service. February 23, 2009.
Last Updated on April 17, 2019 by admin