Degree: B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Email Address: adegokebakarehenri@ yahoo.com
Telephone Number: +234-8052678026, 07039403314
Department: FoodService & Tourism
Academic Rank: Lecturer I
ACADEMIC DEGREES WITH DATE
• Ph.D. 2008
• M.Sc. 2000
• B.Sc. 1991
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATE
• University of Ibadan, Nigeria 2002 – 2008
• University of Ibadan, Nigeria 1999 –2000
• University of Agriculture, Abeokuta 1986 – 1991
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology.
- Nutrition Society of Nigeria.
- Nigerian Association of Teachers of Technology.
- Home Economics Research Association
PRIZES, HONOURS, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION
- Most Practically oriented Academic Staff in Home Economics. Awarded by School of Vocational Studies on the 13th July, 2001.
- Outstanding Head of Department. Awarded by Home Economics Student Association(HECSA) on the 11th July, 2008.
Bakare, H.A., Osudahunsi, O.F., and Olusanya, J.O. (2009) Optimisation of Lye-peeling of Breadfruit (Artocarpus communis Frost) using Response Surface Methodology. Acceptance: Asset
Bakare, H.A., Osundahunsi, O.F. and Ishola, T.A. (2009) Peeling of Cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) using Sodium Hydroxide with Response Surface Methodology as a Tool for Optimization : Acceptance, Blackwell Academic journals
Bakare, H.A., Ogungbe, P.W., Ishola, T.A., and Adewale, T.A (2009) Comparative study on compounded feed and local feed materials for African giant snails. Int. journal of animal sciences.1(1): 31-36.
Fatukasi, V.T., Bakare, H.A. and Emmanuel, A.A. (2009) The role of Home economics in Universal Basic Education in Nigeria. Int. journal of Basic Education.1(2):
Bakare, H.A., Adebanjo, O.O. and Fatukasi, V.T. (2009) The role of Home economics in Universal Basic Education in Nigeria. Int. journal of Basic Education.1(2):
Bakare, H.A. (2007) Strategies for improving the teaching skills of primary school Home Economics Teachers. LACOPED Journal of Primary Science. 5(1): 15-24.
Bakare, H. A. , Adegoke, G.O.,& Ajiboye, E.O. (2005) Microbiological, Chemical and Sensory characteristics of Aframum danielli spiced Nunu. VOCASS 4(1):117-122.
Bakare, H. A. and Adebanjo, O. O. (2004) Place of hospital catering in the delivery of modern health care. The Academics 2: 15-22
Bakare, H. A. (2002) small scale and cottage food industry as a tool for economic self-reliance: An Exposition. Vocass Journal. 3 (1) : 95-102
Bakare, H. A. (1999) The problem and prospects of using High Intensity Pulsed Electric field (HIPEF) as a non-thermal Processing alternatives in Food Preservation. ACREV 2 (1) : 115 – 118.
Bakare, H. A. and Dacosta, F. E. (1999) The effectiveness of Charcoal on the chemo-functional properties of Soybean Paste during the holding period in the preparation of ‘Akara’. Journal of Nig. Association of Teachers of Technology (NATT) 5(1):18-28.
Bakare, H. A. (1998) The effect of withhold time on ‘akara’ made with Cowpea Paste used by vendors in Epe L.G.A. The academic Review (ACREV) 1 (1&2) : 32-39
Bakare, H.A. (2002) Introduction to nutrition for schools and colleges. Lagos, Nigeria: HAZ Publishers.
Bakare, H.A. (2009) Food of our land. Lagos, Nigeria: HAZ Publishers ( In press).
Edited Conference Proceeding
Ekemode, K. O., ADEBAYO, A. A. and Bakare, H. A. (2003) Poverty and Hunger Reduction Strategies through Agriculture for improved livelihood of the Nigerian child. In: B.T. Isiaka and O.A. Adeokun. Eko CIAP 2003. A lead paper presented at the 6th Annual Research Network meeting and Conference of Children – in- agriculture Programme in Book of proceedings.
Bakare, H. A. (2009) Comparative study on compounded feed and local feed materials for African giant snails. A paper presented at the 4th annual conference of IRDI research and development network.
Bakare, H.A. and Adebanjo, O.O.(2009) Progress Towards the Reduction of Extreme Poverty and Hunger: A reflection on the MDGs and the state of indicators. In: B. Bukar., M. Ukpongson., S.T. Puyate. And S.A. Adebayo. (Eds). A paper presented at the 22nd annual National conference of Nigerian Association of Teachers of Technology (NATT). Abubakar Tatari Ali polytechnic, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
Bakare, H.A. Asunmo, M.R. and Fatukasi, V.T. (2009) Information on the composition of under-utilised indigenous food crops as a strategy for promoting family survival: a focus on Breadfruit (Artocarpus communis Forst) from South West States of Nigeria. In: B. Bukar., M. Ukpongson., S.T. Puyate. And S.A. Adebayo. (Eds). A paper presented at the 22nd Annual National conference of Nigerian Association of Teachers of Technology (NATT). Abubakar Tatari Ali polytechnic, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
Other Conference Papers
Bakare, H.A. (1997) Reducing post-harvest losses in Nigeria: Home Economics perspective. A paper presented at the 2nd National conference of the school of education on Nigerian Educational System and National Development: A challenge for vision 2010.
Bakare, H.A. (2007) Regulations guiding operations of Day care services and record keeping. A paper presented at an orientation re-training workshop for staff of day care unit on Effective management of day care unit. Held at MOCPED on January 30th to 31st , 2007
Bakare, H.A. (2001) Utilizing Aframum danielli spice in the preservation of Nunu. A paper presented at the 14th annual National conference of National Association of Teachers of Technology held at Federal College of Education(Technical), Umunze, Anambra state from 17th to 21st September, 2001.
Bakare, H.A. (2006) Strategies for improving teaching skills of Primary school Home Economics Teachers. A paper presented at a workshop on skill improvement for primary school teachers. held at College of Technology Yaba,Lago state from 11th to 15th December, 2006.
Bakare, H.A. (2006) Food security as a pivot for the sustenance of democracy in Nigeria. A paper presented at the 7th National conference on Academics and sustenance of democracy in Nigeria. Held at Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta Ogun state from 8th to 12th May, 2006.
Bakare, H.A. (2009) Preparation of Home Economics Teachers for Universal Basic Education in Nigeria:Setting the parameters. A paper presented at the 1st Biennial international conference of school of Education, on Teacher Preparation for Basic Education in Africa. Held at MOCPED Noforija, Lagos state from 19th to 22nd May, 2009.
Bakare, H.A. (2006) Skill Development for effective Teaching of Home Economics in primary Schools. A paper presented at the Skill improvement workshop for primary school teacher in Lagos state. Organized by Federal Government of Nigeria-VBE/LSUBEB in conjunction with MOCPED, from 11th to 15th December, 2006.
Training and development workshop/Seminars
1. Nutrition Society of Nigeria (Ogun State Branch) National Symposium and Exhibition on Beverages and Nutrition Health in Nigeria. Held at University of Agriculture and Ogun state Cultural Centre, Abeokuta. 15 October, 2009.
2. UNICEF (B-Field) Advocacy meeting on ‘Inclusion of Early Child Care Education in the Curriculum of Colleges of Education in B-Field states. Held at Lafia Hotels, Apata, Ibadan on the 12th to 13th May, 2008.
3. UNICEF (B-Field) Advocacy meeting on ‘SBTD/STUMEC and Gender Responsiveness’. Held at Lafia Hotels, Apata, Ibadan on the 25th to 27th May, 2009.
4. MOCPED Sponsored Workshop on the Use of Active learning techniques in classroom. Held at MOCPED, 13th to 14th May, 2008.
5. LACOPED Sponsored Workshop on Fundamentals of Teaching and Learning in the Primary School. Held on the 29th April to 1st May, 2002.
6. Senior Management level Manpower Improvement Course on Productivity Enhancement in public service Held on 21st to 22nd February, 2001.
7. COEASU’s organized workshop on Managing Surplus Income in a Depressed Economy: The role of Co-operative Associations among Professional Groups. Held on the 6th of September, 2001.
Teacher Vacation Course on the Teaching of Secondary School Chemistry curriculum Held on the 11th to 22nd December, 1995.
Last Updated on April 16, 2019 by admin