- Networking Event at British Council, Abuja.
- Project Planning Meeting at UNAAB
- Project team designs survey Instruments for the field work.
- Prof. Ojo went on a field trip to tomato-growing areas of Imo State, Nigeria.
- Mr. Ganiyu, Project Research Student, visited tomato farmers in Plateau and Kano States, Nigeria.
- Mrs. Kaldezi, Project Principal Partner, took a field trip to some regions in Ghana.
- Dr. Dapaah, team member, visited some other regions in Ghana
- PI, Dr. Popoola, went to Kenya, brought some tomato varieties grown in East African Region.
- Dr. Popoola and Research Students extracted genomic DNA of fifty lines/varieties of tomato. Experiment was performed at the Biotechnology Centre, UNAAB, Nigeria.
- Dr. Popoola, now visiting the University of Naples, Italy, for train-the-trainer refresher course and practicals on (i) molecular screening of tomato for resistance to fungal and bacterial wilt; (ii) molecular characterisation of pathogens of tomato wilt.
FORTHCOMING ACTIVITY – TRAINING WORKSHOP.
Last Updated on June 21, 2011 by admin