The Road Safety Club of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), has called for more cautionary measures, on the part of members of the University community, whenever they are behind the wheels.
A release, sent to FUNAAB Bulletin and signed by the Club’s Staff Writer, Mr. Jagunna Akeem, enjoined motorists to take cognisance of the following precautionary measures:
1. Never to tailgate, as brakes could be applied suddenly by drivers, especially during car-crowding. This could cause clash of cars, resulting in accidents.
2. Always use turn signal to alert motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
3. Use side mirrors, to watch the actions of other drivers and pedestrians.
Drive within approved speed limits.
4. Child safety-locks and drivers power-window locks should be employed, to prevent children from suddenly opening doors and windows from inside moving vehicles.
5. Never use cell phones, in order to allow for adequate concentration while driving, and
6. Always use your seatbelt immediately you enter the car.
Last Updated on November 2, 2011 by admin