Sow milk yield and composition in relation to litter performance. Ph.D. Thesis Department of Animal Science, University of Ibadan, 1976. 359pp.
1 Adebambo, O.A., J.A. Oluokun, A.G. Lanipekun, E.I. Olomu, A.O. Ogunfowora (1990): A feasibility report on mixed cropping, pig and rabbit farming for the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria. 53pp.
2 Adebambo, O.A. (1991): Research Bulletin for Pig Production, Breeding and Feeding. IAR & T Research Bulletin for Farmers. 21pp.
3 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo (1991): Management Practices for Swine Production In the South West Zone. National AERLS In-service Training Manual for Agric. Development Projects, July 9-12, 1991. pp 160-169.
4 Adebambo, O.A., D.V. Uza and A.G. Lanipekun (1992): The Pig Nucleus Breeding Centre at Okpuje, Enugu State – An Action Plan for the Federal Department of Livestock Services, Abuja and the World Bank. April 1992, 49pp.
5 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo A. (1996): Biotechnologies Applicable to Livestock Production published in Genetics in the 90s: Occasional Publication of Nigerian Genetics Society edited by the Editorial Board, 1996 180pp.
6 Adebambo O. A. (1999): Improving the potentials of Nigeria’s Livestock genetic resources in the next millenium. 25 years Commemorative publication of the Genetics Society of Nigeria. Edited by D.O.Ladipo and G.Olaoye. 305pp
1. The Status and Conservation of Animal Genetic Resources in Africa by L.L.Sethshwaelo and O.A. Adebambo(pages 87-102). In Genetic Conservation of Domestic Livestock. Edited by Lawrence Alderson and Imre Bodo. 1992, published by CommonWealth Agric.Bureau. International, Wallingford,U.K. 222pp. ISBN: 0 85198 809 1
2. Breeding, Feeding and Management of Pigs by Olufunmilayo Adebambo, Ayotunde Adebambo and A.O.K. Adesehinwa Published by ToluKoya Print House; ISBN: 978-978-906-991-0, 2010. 55pp
3. Adebambo Olufunmilayo Ayoka (2003) Animal Breeds: A Nation’s Heritage.
16th Inagural Lecture, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. 8th Oct 2003. UNAAB
Inaugural Lecture Series No 16.108pp
4. Fundamentals of Animal Breeding and genetics by Olufunmilayo Adebambo. Published by VDM Verlag Dr Muller Aktiengesellschaft & Co.KG 26 May 2010 ISBN: 978-3-639-11038-8, 428 pp.
5. Illustrative Glossary of Genetic Terms by Olufunmilayo Adebambo, Ayotunde Adebambo and Matthew Adeleke. Published by Tolukoya Print House;
ISBN: 978-978-49681-9-5; 2010: 78 pp.
6. Introductory Animal Agriculture by Olufunmilayo Adebambo. Published by ToluKoya Print house; ISBN: 978-978-49681-7-1, 2010: 61pp.
7. Poultry Breeding, Artificial Insemination and Hatchery Management by, Olufunmilayo Adebambo, Daisy Eruvbetine, A. O. Adebambo, E.S. Ajibola, Tokunbo Ajayi, M.A. Adeleke. 2011. Published by Tolukoya Print house; ISBN 978-978-49681-8-8, 2010: 157pp,
1 Adebambo Olufunmilayo (2000): Indigenous poultry breeds of Nigeria. Invited module for capacity building and curriculum development for post graduate students of Animal Breeding and Genetics for Tropical Animal Genetic Resources Utilisation. International Livestock Research Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2 Adebambo Olufunmilayo (2000): Indigenous pig breeds of Nigeria. Invited module for capacity building and curriculum development for post graduate students of Animal Breeding and Genetics for Tropical Animal Genetic Resources Utilisation. International Livestock Research Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
3 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo (2000). The West African dwarf pigs: Data Sheet for CABI Animal Health and Production Compedium (AHPC). CommonWealth Agric. Bureau International Wallingford, U.K.
PUBLISHED JOURNAL ARTICLES:
1 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo and Almut Dettmers (1977): Heterosis in Milk Production of Crossbred sows and preweaning performance of their Progeny. Nig.J. Genet.1:52-56.
2 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo and Almut Dettmers (1978): Selection for reproductive rate in Indigenous sows. Niger J. Genet 2: 97-103.
3 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo and Almut Dettmers (1979): Comparative Performance of Indigenous and Exotic sows in South Western Nigeria 1. Milk yield Persistency in production and utilization by the litter. Niger. J. Anim. Prod. 6(1) 26-32.
4 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo and Almut Dettmers (1979): Comparative milk composition of indigenous sows of Nigeria with exotic, pure and crossbred Sows. Niger. J. Anim.Production 6(2): 59-68.
5 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo and Almut Dettmers (1982): Efficiency of feed and Milk utilisation by the litter of indigenous and exotic pure and crossbred Sows. Trop Animal Prod. 7. 204-208.
6 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo (1981): A comparison of the indigenous and exotic Pure and crossbred sow in Southern Nigeria. Relationship between dam and litter performance. Niger. J. Animal Prod. 8(1): 64-74.
7 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo and A.O. Onakade (1983): Growth and Carcass Performance traits of crossbred boars of exotic and crossbred Nigeria Indigenous Pigs. Niger. J. Animal Prod. Res. 3(2): 71-87.
8 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo A (1983): Comparative growth and carcass performance of progenies sired by purebred Large White and crossbred local and exotic Boars. Niger. J. Anim. Prod. 10(2): 124-139.
9 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo A (1984): Genetic and Environment Effects on Litter productivity of Indigenous and Exotic Pigs in Nigeria. Bulletin of Animal Health and Production in Africa, Vol. 34 (2): 75-80.
10 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo A. (1985): Crossbreeding the Nigeria Indigenous Pigs .1:Effects of crossing and early weaning on sow performance. Turri Alba 35(3): 221- 227.
11 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo A. (1985): Analysis of Swine Production Parameters at the Institute of Agricultural Research of South Western Nigeria. Niger. J. Genet. (6): 85-95.
12 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo A. (1990): Crossbreeding pigs in South Western Nigeria II: Stillbirth and perinatal survival in relation to litter size. Niger J. Genet. Vol. 8: 5-9.
13 Adebambo, O.A., Simpson, R., Glass E., Williams, J., Spooner, R., Oliver R. and A. Morgan (1992): Immune Response genes in cattle: Variation in antibody Production to ovalbumin peptides. Nig. J. Anim. Prod. 19(1):37-51.
14 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo A (1992): Predicting the body composition of live Pigs using Ultrasonic machine. Nig. J. Anim. Prod. 19(2): 89-94.
15 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo and A.D. Onakade (1994): Causes of variation in reproductive performance of West African dwarf goats. Nig. Jour. Anim. Prod. 21 (1): 29- 36.
16 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo A.(1995): Selection response for higher body weight in Nigeria’s indigenous crossbred pigs. Niger. Jour. Anim. Prod. 22 (1): 21-27.
17 Adebambo, Olufunmilayo A. (1995): Correlated responses in weights of improved Indigenous pigs. NIGERHYB in Nigeria. Niger. J. Anim. Prod. 22(2): 113-119.
18 Adebambo, O.A., Ikeobi, C.O.N., Ebozoje, M.O. Adenowo, J.A. and Osinowo, O.A: (1996): Variations in qualitative traits and their effects on the performance of local ducks and turkeys. Niger. Jour. Genet. XI 1996: 20-32
19 Ikeobi, C.O.N., Ebozoje, M.O., Adebambo, O.A., Adenowo, J.A. and Osinowo,O.A: (1996): Genetic difference in the performance of the local chicken in South Western Nigeria. Nig. J. Genet. XI 1996: 33-39.
20 Ayoade, G.O., Ladosu, L.A. and O.A. Adebambo (1991): Studies on pre-weaning mortality in two large intensive Piggeries. Tropical Animal Production Investigation Vol. 1 (2) 101 – 106.
21 Ikeobi C.O.N., C.M.Hyginus, J.A. Adenowo and O.A. Adebambo (1999): Relationships among egg quality parameters of four local poultry species Nigeria.Trop.Jour.Anim.Sci.1(1): 37- 42.
22 Adebambo Olufunmilayo A. (1998): Observation on Congenital Loco, an hereditary defect in three flocks of chicken at Ibadan, Nigeria. Niger. Jour. Anim. Prod. 25 (1): 6-8.
23 Adebambo O.A. A.D.Ross and R.L.Spooner (1998).Polymorphisms in cattle and pigs plasma and serum proteins. Nig. J..of Sci. Vol. 33 (I) 15-22
24 Ikeobi C.O.N. Adebambo O.A. and J.A. Adenowo (1998) The distribution of Ptilopody genes in the Nigerian local pigeon Nig. Jour. Genet. XIII: 58 – 60.
25 Adebambo, O.A., Ebozoje, M.O, Ikeobi, C.O.N., Adenowo, J.A. and Osinowo O.A. (1999): Colour variation and performance characteristics of the indigenous Chickens of SW Nigeria. Nig. Jour.Anim.Prod. 26: 15-22.
26 Ozoje, M.O., Ikeobi, C.O.N., Adebambo O.A. and J.A. Adenowo (1999): Occurring patterns and the frequencies of colour genes in some Indigenous Poultry Species. Trop. J. Anim. Sci. 2 (2): 151-162
27 Adenowo, J.A., Adebambo O.A. and C.O.N. Ikeobi (1999): Characterisation of the local pigeon in South Western Nigeria. Trop. J Anim. Sci. 2 (2): 73-80.
28 Ozoje, M.O., Ikeobi, C.O.N., Adenowo, J.A and O.A. Adebambo (1997): Performance characteristics of Indigenous guinea fowl varieties in South Western Nigeria. Delta Agriculturist 4: 42-53
29. Ikeobi C.O.N. Ozoje M.O. Adebambo O.A. and J.A.. Adenowo (2001). Frequency of feet feathering and comb type genes in Nigerias local chiken. Pertanika Jour. of Tropical Agric. Sci.24: (2): 147 – 150. [Abstract]
30. Adebambo Olufunmilayo A. (2001): The Muturu: A rare sacred breed of cattle in Nigeria. Animal Genetics Resources Information 31: 27-36 [Abstract]
31 Adebambo Olufunmilayo, J.L. Williams, Sarah Blott and Barbara Urquhart ( 2004) Genetic relationship between Nigeria’s native breeds of sheep and their crosses based on microsatellite DNA Polymorphisms. FAO, Animal Genetic Resources Information 34: 27 – 39
32 Bemji, M.N.,O.A. Osinowo, M.O. Ozoje, O.A. Adebambo and A.B.J.Aina (2006):Liveweight changes during lactation and its relationship with milk off-take and yield in West African Dwarf and Red Sokoto Goats intensively managed within the humid zone of Nigeria Nig Jour. Anim Prod.33 (1): 145-150.
33 Peters, S.O., Ikeobi, C.O.N., Ozoje, M.O., and O.A. Adebambo (2002). Genetic variation in the reproductive performance of the Nigerian local chicken. Trop. Anim Prod.Invest. 5: 37-46.
34 Peters,S. O., C.O.N. Ikeobi, M.O. Ozoje and O.A. Adebambo (2002). Genetic variation in the growth performance of the Nigerian local chicken. Trp. Anim.Prod. Invest. 5: 32-36.
35 Peters S. O., Ikeobi C.O.N., Ozoje,M.O. and O.A. Adebambo. (2005). Modelling growth in seven chicken genotypes. Nig. J. Anim. Prod. 32 (1) 28-38.
36 Adeleke, M. A., S. O. Peters, A. M. Bamgbose and Funmi A. Adebambo 2005. Effect of sire strains on egg production traits of crossbred chickens in South West of Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Genetics 19:92-101.
37 Adebambo A.O.,M. O. Ozoje, S.S. Abiola and Funmi Adebambo. (2006). Analysis of growth curves of Indian and Nigerian chicken ecotypes in the humid tropics, ASSET Jour. (Series A) 6 (1) 103-110
38 A.O.Adebambo, M.O. Ozoje, S.S. Abiola and Funmi Adebambo (2006)Genetic variation in the growth performance of Giriraja, Indian White Leghorn and Improved Indigenous Chicken genotypes in South Western Nigeria. Niger. Jour. Genet. 20: 7-16.
39. Adeleke, M.A., S.O. Peters, A.M. Bamgbose and Funmi A. Adebambo. 2006. Effect of sire strains on egg production traits of crossbred chickens in South West of Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Genetics 19: 92-100
40. Adedeji T.A., Adebambo, O.A., Ozoje, M.O., Ojedapo, L.O., and Ige O.A. 2006. Preliminary results of short-term egg laying performance of pure and crossbred progenies in a humid environment. J. Anim & Vet Adv.5(8): 670-673.
41 Adedeji T.A., Adebambo O.A., Peters S.O., Ojedepo L.O.,and Ige O.A. 2006 Growth performance of crossbred chicken resulting from different sire strains in a humid tropical environment J.Anim& Vet Advances 5(8): 674-678.
42 Peters, S.O., Adeleke, M.A., Ozoje, M.O., Adebambo, O.A. and Ikeobi, C.O.N. 2007. Bio-prediction of liveweight from linear body measurement traits among pure and crossbred chicken. Nigerian Poultry Science Journal 4: 1-6.
43 Peters, S.O., Ikeobi, C.O.N., Ozoje, M.O., Famakinwa, O.A., Oshodi, Y.S. and Adebambo Olufunmilayo. 2007. Egg quality traits of Nigerian local chickens as influenced by some major genes. Nigerian Journal of Animal Production 34:25-31
44 Peters, S.O., Adenuga A.A, Ozoje, M.O, Ikeobi, C.O.N and Adebambo, Olufunmilayo. A. 2005. Strain and age of dam effect on the reproductive and internal egg quality traits of crossbred chickens. Nigerian Journal of Genetics Vol. 19: 23-33.
45 Abioja, M.O. Osinowo O.A., Adebambo O.A., Bello N.J. and Abiona,J.A. 2007. Physiological response of West African Dwarf and Red Sokoto goats to water restriction in humid tropics of South Western Nigeria. Trop. J. Anim. Sci. 10(1-2) 450-455
46 Peters, S.O., Shoyebo O.O., Ilori B.M., Ozoje M.O., Ikeobi C.O.N and Adebambo O.A. 2008. Semen Quality Traits of Seven Strains of Chickens Raised in the Humid Tropics.I nternational Journal of Poultry Science 7(10): 949-953
47 Peters, S.O., Ilori B.M., Ozoje M.O., Ikeobi C.O.N and Adebambo O.A. 2008. Gene Segregation effects on Fertility and Hatchability of Pure and Crossbred Chicken Genotypes in the Humid Tropics.International Journal of Poultry Science 7(10): 954-958
48. Adebambo A.O., C.O.N. Ikeobi, M.O.Ozoje, O.O. Oduguwa and Olufunmilayo A. Adebambo 2008 Genetic variation in feed efficiency among pure and crossbred meat type chickens. Nigerian Poultry Sci. Jour. 2008 Vol 5(2)
49. Adebambo A.O., C.O.N. Ikeobi, M.O.Ozoje, O.O. Oduguwa and Olufunmilayo A. Adebambo 2008 Estimates of some genetic parameters of growth traits among pure and crossbred meat type chicken. Nig. Genet. Jour. 21.
50. Adebambo A.O., C.O.N. Ikeobi, M.O. Ozoje, O.O.Oduguwa and Olufunmilayo A. Adebambo 2009:Variation in growth performance of pure and crossbred meat type chicken. Nig. Jour. Anim.Prod.36 (2): 211-227.
51. Abioja, M.O. Osinowo O.A., Adebambo O.A., Bello N.J. and Abiona,J.A. 2009. Effect of water restriction in goats during hot-dry season in the humid tropics: feed intake and weight gain. Archivos de Zootecnia 59(2260 195-203
52. A.O. Adebambo, M.A. Adeleke, M. Whetto, S.O. Peters, C.O.N. Ikeobi, M.O. Ozoje, O.O. Oduguwa and Olufunmilayo A. Adebambo 2010: Combining Abilities of Carcass Traits among Pure and Crossbred Meat Type Chickens International Journal of Poultry Science 9 (8): 777-783, 2010 ISSN 1682-8356
53. M.A. Adeleke, S.O. Peters, M.O.Ozoje, C.O.N. Ikeobi, A.O.Adebambo, O. Olowofeso, A.M. Bamgbose, O.A. Adebambo 2011: A preliminary screening of genetic lineage of Nigerian local chickens based on blood protein polymorphisms. Anim. Genetic. Res. Infor. 48:23-28
54. Adebambo, A. O., C. O. N. Ikeobi, M. O. Ozoje, O. O., Oduguwa, Olufunmilayo A. Adebambo. 2011. Combining abilities of growth traits among pure and crossbred meat type chickens. Archivos Zootecnia. (In press).
55. M.A. Adeleke, S.O. Peters, M.O.Ozoje, C.O.N. Ikeobi, A.M. Bamgbose, Olufunmilayo A. Adebambo 2011: Growth performance of Nigerian local chickens in crosses involving an exotic broiler breeder. Trop. Anim. Health and Prod. (DOI 10.1007/S11250-010-9747-3) Vol 43(3):643-650
56 M.A. Adeleke, S.O. Peters, M.O.Ozoje, C.O.N. Ikeobi, A.M. Bamgbose, Olufunmilayo A. Adebambo 2011: Genetic parameter estimates for body weight and linear body measurements in pure and crossbred progenies of Nigerian indigenous chickens. Lives. Res. For Rural Devel.23 (01). http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd23/1/adel23019.htm
57 Agaviezor, B.O., Ajayi, F.O., Adebambo,O.A., and H.H.Gunn 2011: Nigerian indigenous vs Exotic hens: the Correlation Factor in Body Weight and Laying Performance. African Research Review Vol 5 (1): 405-413.
58 M.A. Adeleke, S.O. Peters, M.O. Ozoje, C.O.N. Ikeobi, A.M. Bamgbose, and Olufunmilayo A. Adebambo 2011: Effect of crossbreeding on fertility, hatchability, and embryonic mortality of Nigerian local chickens. Trop. Anim. Health & Prod. DOI 10.1007/s11250-011-9926-x
59 Moses OKPEKU, Abdulmojeed YAKUBU, Sunday Olusola PETERS,Michael Ohiokhuaobo OZOJE, Christian Obiora Ndubuisi IKEOBI,Olufunmilayo Ayoka ADEBAMBO and. Ikhide Godwin IMUMORIN, 2011: Application of multivariate principal component analysis to morphological characterization of indigenous goats in Southern Nigeria. Acta argiculturae Slovenica, 98/2, 101–109, Ljubljana 2011
Last Updated on March 7, 2012 by admin