A. MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
a. Registered Animal Scientist (RAS 431), Nigerian Institute of Animal Science (NIAS).
b. Has attended all the Mandatory Continuing Professional Education (MCPE) modules and
c. Elected into the Council of the Nigerian Institute of Animal Science (NIAS) in 2011.
d. Representative of the Animal Genetics and Breeding Discipline in the NIAS Council
(2011 – 2014).
e. Chairman, Animal Genetics and Breeding Discipline Committee, Nigerian Institute of
Animal Science (NIAS), 2011 – 2014.
f. Chairman, Mandatory Continuing Professional Education (MCPE) Committee, Nigerian
Institute of Animal Science (NIAS), 2011 – 2014.
B. MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES:
1. Member, Nigerian Society for Animal Production (NSAP)
– Has attended seven of its annual conferences and presented papers.
– Participates actively in its local activities in Ogun State.
– Served on the Livestock Show Committee of the Ogun State Chapter.
– Elected Secretary of the Society in March 1996.
– Inducted into the Society’s Roll of Honour (MNSAP), March 1997.
– Represented NSAP at the 10th Anniversary Conference of the Ghana Society of Animal
Production held in University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana, 13th–16th August, 1997.
– Re-elected Secretary of NSAP in March 1998.
– Elected Publicity Secretary in March 2000.
– Society Orator, 25th Annual Conference, March 2000.
– Editor, NSAP Newsletter, 2000.
– Life Member, Nigerian Society for Animal Production, March 2004.
2. Member, African Network for Rural Poultry Development (later changed to International Network for Family Poultry Development (INFPD).
– Attended one of its international workshops in Senegal in December 1997.
– Presented two papers at the Senegal Workshop.
3. Member, Genetics Society of Nigeria (GSN)
– Has attended eight of its annual conferences and presented conference papers.
– Served as Coordinator of Ogun/Lagos Chapters of the Society, 1994-1996.
– Served as Chairman, Programmes and Publicity Sub-Committee of the 1994
Conference of the Society held at the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
– Elected Assistant Secretary of the Society in 1994.
– Acted as Secretary of the Society, 1996-1998.
– Elected Secretary, February 1998 and served from 1998 to 2000.
– Elected ex-officio member of the National Executive, 2000.
– Chairman, Local Organising Committee, 2004 Conference.
– Elected Editor-in-Chief, Nigerian Journal of Genetics, October 12, 2004 and served until
11th November, 2008.
4. Member, Animal Science Association of Nigeria (ASAN).
– Has attended three of its annual conferences and presented conference papers.
5. Member, Foundation for African Development through International Biotechnology
– Attended its associated international workshops in Enugu, Nigeria (1996).
– The workshop was sponsored by ICGEB (International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology), Italy.
6. Member, Animal Breeding and Genetics Journal Club, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
(involving staff of Roslin Institute, Roslin, staff of University of Edinburgh and staff of Scottish Agricultural College, Edinburgh), from October 2000 to September 2001. – Participated in the weekly seminars of the Journal Club, 2000 – 2001.
7. Member, Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) Alumni Association, from 2001 to date.
8. Member, Biotechnology Group, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria.
Learned Societies in bold print are foreign/international ones.
Last Updated on December 11, 2019 by FUNAAB