1. Popoola, A.R (1985) Effect of culinary processes on the nutrient content of leafy vegetables. M.Sc Thesis, Nutritional Biochemistry, Department of Human Nutrition, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. 115pp.
2. Popoola, A.R (2000) Species of fungi from Nigerian desert soil and their effects on straw. Ph.D Thesis, Botany Department, University of Jos. 235pp
(b) Journal Articles in Print
1. Popoola, A.R., Idakwo, P.Y and Gworam, A (1996). Growth-enhancing effect of Trichoderma pseudokoningii on Mucor pusillus in tomato spoilage. West Africa Journal of Biological Sciences 4(1): 82-87. Published by the Department of Biochemistry, University of Jos, Jos.
2. Popoola, A.R and Ogbonna, C.I.C (1997) Cellulolytic ability of soil-inhabiting fungi of Maiduguri Metropolitan Area of Borno State. Annals of Borno 13/14: 277-285. Published by University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri.
3. Popoola, A.R., Idakwo, P.Y and Gwanzang, I (1997) Identification and control of microfungi causing post-harvest tomato deterioration in Maiduguri, Nigeria. Research Journal of Science 3(1 & 2): 1-6. Published by Faculty of Science, University of Jos, Jos.
4. Ogbonna, C.I.C and Popoola, A.R (1997). Biodegradation of maize straw by fungi for use as ruminant feed. Nigerian Journal of Biotechnology 8(1):46–56. Published by Biotechnology Society of Nigeria.
5. Popoola, A.R and Ogbonna, C.I.C (1997). Estimation of extracellular degradative enzymes of fungi isolated from Maiduguri soils. West African Journal of Biological Science 6(2): 132-140. Published by the Department of Biochemistry, University of Jos, Jos.
6 Popoola, A.R and Idakwo, P.Y. (2002) Effect of fungicides on wheat seeds stored at two levels of relative humidity. Nigerian Journal of Experimental and Applied Biology 3(1): 111-114. Published by the Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri.
7. Popoola, A.R., Adeoti, A.Y.A., and Idakwo, P.Y (2003) Incidence of moulds in some varieties of stored cowpea and peanuts in Maiduguri, Nigeria. ASSET (A) 3(4): 163-169. Published by Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
8. Adeoti, A.Y.A and Popoola, A.R (2004) Effect of sowing dates on incidence of bacterial blight and Alternaria leaf spot, seedling emergence and seed cotton yield of long staple cotton Gossypium barbadense L in Northern Guinea Savanna of Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Plant Protection 21: 57-62. Published by Nigerian Society for Plant Protection.
9. Popoola, A.R., Idakwo, P.Y and Ogbonna, C.I.C (2004) Evaluation of fungal upgraded maize straw as feed supplement for guinea pigs. Nigerian Journal of Experimental and Applied Biology 5(2): 227-232 Published by Biological Sciences Dept., University of Maiduguri.
10. Nejo, O.J., Adeoti, A.Y.A., Popoola, A.R., Bodunde, J.G. and Kehinde, I.A.
(2005) Effect of leaf spot disease (Coniella musaiaensis) on growth performance of selected lines of roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa l.) under the derived forest condition of Abeokuta, Southwest Nigeria. ASSET SERIES B 4(1) : 47-55. Published by Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
11. Ogunbayo, S. A., Ojo, K. K., Popoola, A. R., Ariyo, O. J., Sie, M., Sanni, K. A.,
Nwilene, F. E., Somado, E. A., Guei, R. G., Tia, D. D., Oyelakin, O. O. And Shittu, A. (2007). Genetic comparisons of landrace rice accessions by morphological and RAPDs Techniques. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences 6 (4):653-666. Published by Asian Network for Scientific Information. http://docsdrive.com/pdfs/ansinet/ajps/2007/653-666.pdf
12. Nejo, O. J., Adeoti, A. Y. A., Popoola, A. R. and Kehinde, I. A. (2008). Effect of foliar application of fungicides on incidence and severity of leave spot disease of Roselle induced by Coniella Musaiaensis B. Sutton var. hibisci Moor Journal of Agricultural Research 8 (1 & 2) : 63-67. Published by the Institute of Agricultural Research and Training, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ibadan.
13. Popoola, A. R., Awotide, O. G., Adeoti, A. Y. A. and Ayodele, M. S. (2008). The field reaction of Long-staple Cotton (Gossypium barbadense L.) genotypes to natural Infection of Alternaria leaf spot disease in Ogun State, Nigeria. East African Journal of Sciences 2 (2):159 – 163. Published by Haramaya University, Ethiopia. www.haramaya.edu.et/eajshome.html
*14. Atungwu, J. J., Animashaun, K. I. Popoola, A. R. and Ojo, D. K. (2010). First report of sources of resistance in cotton to Meloidogyne incognita in Nigeria. International Journal of Nematology, 20 (2): 230 – 235. ASSN Publishers, UK. http://www.ifns.org/pdf/IJN%2019&20pdf
*15. Enikuomehin, O. A. , Aduwo, A. M. , Olowe, V. I. O. , Popoola, A. R. and Oduwaye, A. (2010) Incidence and severity of foliar diseases of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) intercropped with maize (Zea mays L.) Archives Of Phytopathology And Plant Protection 43: 10, 972 – 986. Published by Taylor and Francis. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03235400802214810
*16. Adegboye, O.T.H., Popoola, A.R., Adeoti, A.Y.A and Olasantan, F.O. (2011).
Effect of intercropping, planting date and cultivars on management of sorghum [Sorghum bicolor L. (Moench)] anthracnose in South West Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology 1(7A): 963 – 971. Published by David Publishing Company, U.S.A. http://www.davidpublishing.org/journals_info.asp?jid=567
*17. Popoola, A. R, Ganiyu, S. A., Babalola, O.A. and Ayo-John, E. I (2011). Effects
of tillage methods, varieties and compost amendments on bacterial leaf spot, leaf speck and fruit yield of two tomato varieties. Nigerian Journal for Plant Protection 25(1):127-138. Published by Nigerian Society for Plant Protection.
*18. Nwangburuka, C. C., Kehinde, O. B., Ojo, D. K., Popoola, A. R., Oduwaye, O.,
Denton, O. A. and Adekoya, M. (2011) Molecular characterization of twenty-nine okra accessions using the Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD) molecular marker. actaSATECH 4(1): 1 – 14. Published by Babcock University, Nigeria. www.actasatech.com
*19. Nwangburuka, C. C., Kehinde, O.B., Ojo, D. K., Denton, O. A., Popoola, A. R.
(2011) Morphological classification of genetic diversity in cultivated okra, Abelmoschus esculentus (L) Moench using principal component analysis (PCA) and single linkage cluster analysis (SLCA). African Journal of Biotechnology 10(54):11165-11172. Published by Academic Journals. http://www.academicjournals.org/AJB
*20. Adegboye, O.T.H., Popoola, A.R., Adeoti, A.Y.A and Olasantan, F.O. (2011).
Reaction of sorghum, Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench, cultivars on Colletotrichum graminicola (Cesati) Wilson in south-west Nigeria. Nigerian Journal for Plant Protection 25(1) : 43 – 54. Published by Nigerian Society for Plant Protection.
*21. Awotide, O.G., Adeoti, A.Y.A., Popoola, A. R., Ariyo, O.C. and Olagunju, O.S.
(2011) Evaluation of sowing dates on incidence and severity of Alternaria leafspot induced by Alternaria macrospora in cotton (Gossypium barbadense L.). Nigerian Journal of Plant Protection 25(1): 171 – 179. Published by Nigerian Society for Plant Protection.
*22. Popoola, A.R and Olanloye, O.A. (2012). Rapid screenhouse assessment of
bacterial blight in cassava genotypes in Nigeria. Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 45(5):574-584. Published by Taylor and Francis. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03235408.2011.588048
*23. Fajinmi, A. A., Popoola, A. R. and Fajinmi, O.B. (2012). Incidence and
epidemiology of Pepper veinal mottle virus (PVMV), a Potyvirus disease of pepper. Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection. Published by Taylor and Francis. DOI:10.1080/03235408.2012.694250
*24. Idehen, E. O., Kehinde, O. B., Wang, X., Popoola, A. R. and Akintobi, D. C.
(2012). Germination and in-vitro regeneration in ‘Egusi’ melon, Citrullus lanatus (Thunb) Matsum and Nakai. Nigerian Journal of Biotechnology 24: 35 – 40. Published by the Biotechnology Society of Nigeria. www.biotechsocietynigeria.org
*25. Akanmu, A.O., Popoola, A.R., Adebare, Ganiyu., Abiala, M.A., Odebode, A.C.
and Adeoye, G.O. (2012) Effectiveness of some plant extracts in the management of tomato pith necrosis caused by Pseudomonas corrugata. International Journal of Organic Agriculture Research and Development. 5:127-140
*26. Popoola, A. R., Aluko, T.C., Afolabi, C. G. and Uzochukwu, S. V. A. (2012).
Rapid in-vitro determination of resistance status of Nigerian local cowpea varieties to artificially-inoculated fungal wilt pathogen (Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. tracheiphilum) Nigerian Journal of Biotechnology XX:XXX- XXX
*27. Idowu, O.T.H., Salaam, A.M., Popoola, A.R. and Adeoti, A.Y.A. 2012. In vitro
assessment of fungicides for the control of sorghum anthracnose induced by Colletotrichum graminicola (Cesati) Wilson. Nigerian Journal of Mycology 4 : 76-83
28. Popoola, A. R., Adedibu, B. O. And Ganiyu, S. A. 2012. Rapid assessment of resistance of tissue-cultured water yam (Dioscorea alata) and white guinea yam (Dioscorea rotundata) to anthracnose, Colletotrichum gloeosporiodies Penz. Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection DOI:10.1080/03235408.2012.749701
b. Journal Articles Accepted for Publication
29. Popoola, A.R., Ercolano, M. R., Kaledzi, P.D., Ferriello, F., Ganiyu, S.A., Dapaah, H.K., Ojo, D.K., Adegbite, D.A., Falana, Y. and Adedibu, O. B. (2012) Molecular and phenotypic screening of tomato genotypes for resistance to Fusarium wilt. Accepted for publication in Ghana Journal of Horticulture 10: (Letter of acceptance dated 25 June, 2012). In Press. Published by Ghana Institute of Horticulturists, University of Ghana, Legon.
30 Owolade, O. F., Akande, S. R., A.G.O. Dixon, P. O. Tedela, A. R. Popoola, A. Y. A. Adeoti, Enikuomehin, A. O., and Afolabi, C. G. (2012). Molecular identification of Colletotrichum gloeosporioides f.sp. manihotis causing cassava anthracnose in Nigeria. Accepted for Publication in the Nigerian Journal of Genetics (Letter of acceptance dated 8 June, 2012). In Press. Published by Genetics Society of Nigeria.
31. Popoola, A. R., Ganiyu, S. A., Babalola, O. A., Ayo-John, E. I and Fajinmi, A. A. 2012. Impact of soil amendment and weather factors on bacterial wilt and yield of two tomato cultivars in Abeokuta, Nigeria. South African Journal of Plant and Soil (submitted on 10 Dec., 2012)
Last Updated on March 7, 2012 by admin