a. Thesis and Dissertation
i. Adewumi, J.K. (1998) “Estimation of Water Erosion of a Nigerian Guinea Savanna Soil”. Unpublished Ph.D Thesis in the Department of Agricultural Engineering, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
ii Adewumi, J.K. (1985) “Irrigation Efficiencies at Kadawa Sector of Kano River Basin” Unpublished M.Sc. Thesis in the Department of Agricultural Engineering, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
iii Adewumi, J.K. (1980) “Re-calibration of the Blaney – Criddle Evapotranspiration equation for four selected crops at Samaru”. A project Report n the Department of Agricultural Engineering, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. For B.Eng. (Agricultural Engineering).
b. Articles in Learned Journals
1. Adewumi, J.K. and Duru, J.O. (1984). ‘Consumptive Use coefficients for Selected Crops in Samaru Northern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Engineering Vol. II No. 1 pp. 1 – 8.
**2. Odunze, A.C., K.B. Adeoye, J.J. Owonubi, J.K. Adewumi, V.O. Chude and E.N.O. Iwuafor (1997). Rainfall Characteristics and soil tillage timing for Rain fed crop production in the Northern Savanna of Nigeria. ITC Journal (1997 – 3/4), Geo-information for Sustainable Land Management (SLM), Pp 59 – 65.
3. Adewumi, J.K. (2000). “Soil Loss Tolerance Limit for Effective Conservation Measure in Samaru, Northern Nigeria”. Savanna Journal of Agricultural Mechanization. Vol. 2. No. 1. 2000 pg 23 – 27.
4. O.J. Mudiare, and J.K. Adewumi, (2000). “Estimation of infiltration from field – measured sorptivity values”, Nigerian Journal of Soil Research. Vol. 1 pp. 1 – 3, 2000.
5. Adewumi, J.K. (2001). Soil detachment by raindrop impact: Comparison of predictive models. Savanna Journal of Agricultural Mechanization. Vol. 3, No. 1. ISSN: 1 – 596 – 153 – 2. Pp. 25 – 30.
6. Adewumi, J.K., O.J. Mudiare and J.J. Owonubi. (2001). Soil Erosion Prediction in Samaru – Zaria.: Comparison of two predictive models. Savanna Journal of Agricultural Mechanization. Vol. 3 No. 1 ISSN: 1 – 596 – 153 – 2, pp 9 – 13.
7. Abubakar, S.Z., M.K. Othman, O.J. Mudiare and J.K. Adewumi (2001). Hydraulic Functioning of Main System of Hadejia – Valley – Irrigation – Project and Effective User Participation in Operation and Maintenance. Savanna Journal of Agricultural Mechanization. Vol. 3. No. 1 pp 19 – 23. ISSN: 1 – 596 – 153 – 2
8. Abubakar, M.S., A. Ahmed, O.J. Mudiare and J.K. Adewumi (2001). Hydraulic Performance Evaluation of the distribution system of Hadejia Valley Irrigation Project. Savanna Journal of Agricultural Mechanization. Vol 3. No. 1 pp 1 – 7 ISSN:- 596 – 153 – 2.
9. Adewumi, J.K. and A. Kolawole. (2002). Water Harvesting for dry land Farming. “ZARIA GEOGRAPHIER”. Journal of Environmental Studies and Human Development: New Series. Vol. 15. No. 1. pp 24 – 33. ISSN: 0795 – 7599
10. Othman, M.K., A. Ahmadu, J.K. Adewumi and S. Miko (2002). The Performance of Some Irrigated Vegetable Crops under Mulching Condition in “Fadama” Area of Semi-Arid Region. Nigeria. Savanna Journal of Agricultural Mechanization. Vol. 4. No. 1 pp 21 – 25. ISSN: 1 – 596 – 153 – 2.
**11. Mofoke, A.L.E., J.K. Adewumi, O.J. Mudiare and A.A. Ramalan (2004). Design Construction and Evaluation of An Affordable Continuous – flow Drip Irrigation System”. Journal of Applied Irrigation Science, Germany. Vol. 39. No. 2/2004, pp. 253 – 269. ISSN 0049 – 8602.
12. Mofoke, A.L.E., J.K. Adewumi, O.J. Mudiare (2004). “Structuring and Characterisation of the medical infusion set as emitter for low – cost drip irrigation system”. Arid Zone Journal of Engineering, Technology and Environment. University of Maiduguri, Nigeria. Vol. 4, October 2004. Pp 1 – 15
13. Egharevba, N.A., O.J. Mudiare and J.K. Adewumi (2005). Crop Coefficient of Corn (zea mays) as influenced by water table depths under green house culture, Nigerian Journal of Engineering. Vol. 12. No. 2, 2005. Pp 54 – 59
**14 Mofoke, A.L.E., J.K. Adewumi, F.E. Babatunde, O.J. Mudiare and A.A. Ramalan (2006). Yield of tomato grown under continuous-flow drip irrigation in Bauchi state of Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural Water Management 84 (2006) 166 – 172. UK:
15 Sobowale, A., J.K. Adewumi, and Onwuka, M. (2008). Productivity of some water wells in the Alluvial Sediments of Lake Chad. ASSET Journal, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. Series B, Volume 7 Number 1 2008.
16 Sobowale, A., J.K. Adewumi, Otun, J.A. and Adie, D.B. (2008) Water Resources Management of Jamaare And Misau Rivers Sub-Catchment of Komadugu Yobe River Basin, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Engineering, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Vol. 14, No 2. Pages 54 – 59 2008.
17 Sobowale, A., Adewumi, J.K., Otun, J.A. and Adie, D.B. (In Press).Water Resources Potentials of Hadejia River Sub-Catchment of Komadugu Yobe River Basin in Nigeria. Agricultural Engineering International. Manuscript No. LW 08 016 (under review by CIGR).
** International Journal
c. Papers in Refereed Conference Proceedings/ Peer reviewed proceedings/ International Conference:
**18 G.A. Bolaji, O.A. Agbede, J.K. Adewumi and J.O. Akinyemi (2008): “Selection of flood frequency model in Niger Basin using maximum likehood method”: In : Water & Urban Development Paradigms. Edited by, Jan Feyen, Kelly Shannon & Matthew Neville. Pages 337 – 342. CRC Press. Taylor & Francis Group. A Balkema Book.
19. Othman, M.K., J.K. Adewumi, O.J. Mudiare, A.A. Ramalan and S.Z. Abubakar (2006). “Effects of Irrigation Network Deterioration on Water Distribution, Productivity and Environment in Kano River Irrigation Project (KRIP)”. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference and 28th Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers. Volume 28. Pp 261 – 268. 2006.
20. Duru, J.O. and J.K. Adewumi (1980). “Evapotranspiration: Potential to crop. “Proceedings for Nigerian Society of Agricultural Engineers. Vol. 4. Pp. 120 – 135. Edited by Prof. J.C. Igbeka.
21. J.K. Adewumi (1986). “Effects of Soil Erosion on reservoirs capacity in Nigeria”. Proceedings of the National Workshop on Ecological Disasters: Soil Erosion, Owerri 8 – 12 September, 1986 pp. 262 – 267, 2nd edition. Edited by G.O. Saqqua, E.E. Enabor, F.K. Ofomata, K.O. Ologe and Lekan Oyebande.
22. Maurya, P.R., A. Ahmed and J.K. Adewumi (1986). “Towards Farmer – Managed Irrigation Water Distribution Systems in Nigeria”. Proceedings of International Workshop on Design Issues in farmer – managed Irrigation systems. Held at Chaing mai 12th to 15th December, 1989 pp. 51 – 57. Edited by Robert Yoder and Juanita Thurston.
23. J.K. Adewumi (1987). “Water conveyance, application and Distribution efficiency – case for Nigeria Irrigation System evaluation”. Proceedings of the 10th National Irrigation Seminar on Water for Irrigation. NWRI Kaduna November 23 – 26 1987 pp 31 – 321. Edited by S.S. Abubakar. NAERLS
24. Owonubi, J.J., V. Kumar J.K. Adewumi and D.O.A. Phillip (1989). “Management of large-scale Irrigation farms in Nigeria” Proceedings of International Seminar on applied Agricultural Research in Mechanized Farming in Tropical Areas. Sponsored by the FMST and CIRAD (French Embassy) NIIA Lagos 8 – 10 November, 1989 pp 1 – 19.
25. Ahmed, A. J.K. Adewumi and A.D.J. Muhammed (1990). “Irrigation Water Allocation and distribution Schedule” In: Farmer Participation in Irrigation Development and Management, Proceedings of National Workshop, held at the Institute for Agricultural research, Samaru – Zaria Nigeria. May 7 – 8 1990. Edited by P.R. Maurya, J.J. Owonubi, V. Kumar, J.Y. Yayock and S. Abdulmimin pp 139 – 145 ABU Press.
d. Books/Monographs and Chapter in Books
Chapter in Books:
26. Are Kolawole, and J.K. Adewumi and P.E. Odo. (1996) Firji – Masakwa Cultivation in Borno, North – East Nigeria, Chapter 11, pp. 90 – 96 In: Sustaining The soil: Indigenous Soil and Water Conservation in Africa. Chris Reij, Ian Scoones and Camila Toulmin (eds). EARTHSCAN, U.K. 1996. ISBN 1 – 85383 – 372 – X.
27. Are Kolawole, and J.K. Adewumi (2001). Water Harvesting in various farming systems in Nigeria in “La collecte des eaux de surface en Afrique de l’ouest et du centre” Edited by Kunze, D and Sourakata Bangora (eds). Chap 2.3. (Pp. 63 – 68) FAO/RAFA. RAF/Publication 2001.
28. Abubakar, S.Z., B. Lidon and J.K. Adewumi. (2003). Application of Agency – Farmer – Joint – Management (AFJM) concept in Hadejia Valley Irrigation Project in Nigeria. In: Promotion of Participatory Irrigation Management in HVIP, Nigeria. Experiences on Approaches, Lesson and Prospects. Abubakar and Kuper (eds). ISBN: 978 – 060 – 332 – 8. pp 67 – 80.
29. Sabiru, G.M. O.J. Mudiare, J.K. Adewumi, and A.A. Ramalan. (2003). Irrigation operation and Maintenance: Cost recovery and cost sharing between agency and farmers in Hadejia Valley Irrigation Project. In: Promotion of Participatory Irrigation Management in HVIP, Nigeria. Experiences on Approaches, Lessons and Prospects. Abubakar and Kuper (eds). ISBN: 978 – 060 – 332 – 8 pp 111 – 117.
30. Abubakar, M.S., A. Ahmed, J.K. Adewumi (2003). Water Management by farmers at the tertiary system in Hadejia Valley Irrigation Project. In: Promotion of Participatory Irrigation Management in HVIP, Nigeria. Experiences on Approaches, Lessons and Prospects. Abubakar and Kuper (eds). ISBN: 978 – 060 – 332 – 8. pp 103 – 110.
e. Technical Reports/Exhibition reports/Patents
31. Ahmed, A.S.B. Tarfa, J.J. Owonubi; S.A. Abdulmumin; S. Muazu, P.O. Nwadukwe, Adewumi, J.K. , V. Kumar, J.A. Aremu, S.A. Ogunwale; D. Jimo and M. Abati. (1993). Farmer – Managed Irrigation System. Final Technical Report Phase I. Sponsored by Ford Foundation Grant No. 870 – 0873, Institute for Agricultural Research, A.B.U. Zaria, Nigeria, July 1993, (122 pages).
32. Adewumi, J.K. and Afolabi, Y.S. (1996). Diagnostic Survey of Umarson Agricultura; Development Authority Ltd. Zungeru. Niger State. (78 pages).
33. J.J. Owonubi (Coordinator), Dr. A.M. Falaki, Dr. B.A. Raji, Dr. T. Kparmwang, Adewumi, J.K. Dr. O.J. Mudiare and Dr. W.B. Malgwi. (1997). Soil Survey and Water Quality Analysis of 8,500 Hectares Land in Jigawa State Part One. World Bank Sponsored Project.
34. J.J. Owonubi (Coordinator), Dr. A.M. Falaki, Dr. T. Kparmwang, Adewumi, J.K.,. Dr. O.J. Mudiare and Dr. W.B. Malgwi. (1997). Soil Survey and Water Quality Analysis of 8,500 Hectares Land in Jigawa State Part Two. World Bank Sponsored Project.]
35. Are Kolawole and Adewumi, J.K. (1998). Farming Systems Assessment of Water Harvesting in Western Africa: The Nigeria Case. A Commission Technical report submitted to FAO regional office for Africa, Accra-Ghana. (82 pages).
36. Adewumi, J.K. (Team Leader) and O.J. Ogunwole (2004). “Review of the Public Irrigation Sector in Nigeria” Report Submitted to ENPLAN GROUP, Abuja. (North West Zone). Commission study by Food and Agricultural Organisation of the United Nations. (130 pages)
f. Unpublished Conference and Seminars Presentations:
1. Are Kolawole and J.K. Adewumi (1997), “Dryland Management Practices in Nigeria with lessons from other Sub-Sahara – African Countries: An Overview”. A lead paper presented at the 23rd Annual Conference of the Soil Science Society of Nigeria Faculty of Agriculture, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto. 2 – 5 March 1997.
2. J.K. Adewumi and M.K.D. Babangida (1991). “Analysis of Rainfall Data for the design of Conservation Structures for IAR farm Samaru – Zaria”. Paper presented at the 15th annual conference of the NSAE held at University of Maiduguri, maiduguri.
3. Ahmed, A. J.K. Adewumi and A.D.K. Muhammed (1990).” Irrigation Water Allocation and distribution Schedule”. Paper Presented at the National Workshop on Farmers Participation in Irrigation Development and management in Nigeria, held at the Institute for Agricultural Research Conference Room, A.B.U. Samaturu – Zaria Nigeria. May 7 – 8 1990.
4. J.K. Adewumi and Rabo Lalong (1989). “Soil Loss Tolerance limit for Effective Conservation measure in Samaru – Northern Nigeria”. Paper presented at the Nigeria Society of Agricultural Engineers held at NAERLS Conference hall, 1989. Department of Agricultural Engineering, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
5. J.K. Adewumi (1987). “Field Practicals on Constructions of Measuring Equipments, Water Measurements and recording”. A paper Presented at the Workshop on Irrigation Water Measurement Held in the Conference Hall NAERLS, A.B.U. Zaria. August 10 – 12 1989.
6. J.K. Adewumi (1987). “ Water conveyance, application and Distribution efficiency at Kadawa sector of Kano River Basin of Nigeria” A Seminar Presented at the 17th International Course on Irrigation and Soil Management, Volcalnic Centre Bet- Dagan, Israel. November 10 1986.
7. J.K. Adewumi J.O. Duru and R.C. Yadav. (1985). “Irrigation Efficiencies at Kadawa Sector of Kano River Basin “Paper No. NSAE 85 – 018, 9th Annual Conference of the Nigeria Society of Agricultural Engineers, Concords Hotel, Owerri, Imo State.
b. University/Institute/Centre/Faculty/Department: Nil
c. Others (pleas Specify): Nil
Last Updated on March 19, 2012 by admin