(a) Enteric and respiratory diseases of young calves.
(b) Prevalence and aetiology of mortality in sheep, cattle and goats.
(c) Factors affecting absorption of colostral immunoglobulins by newborn ruminants.
(d) Survey on ecto-parasites of sheep and goats.
(e) Pathogenicity of Babesia, Eperythrozoon and Trypanosoma species for pigs.
(f) Clinico-pathological studies on toxicity of Leucaena leucocephala for cattle.
(g) Influence of nutrition on the severity of animal diseases.
(h) Survival and infectivity of pathogenic trypanosomes in mammalian blood.
(i) Alternative Complement Pathway (ACP) proteins as indicators of genetic resistance to African animal trypanosomosis.
(j) The influence of dam-associated factors on neonatal lamb mortality.
(k) Epidemiology of out breaks of African Swine Fever.
Research in Progress
(a) A comparison of the efficacy of some pour-on Pyrethrin acaricides in cattle.
(b) Aetiology of calf-hood losses in traditionally managed cattle herds.
(c) Effect of patterns of anthelmintic use on the development of resistance of Haemonchus species in domestic ruminants.
(d) Epidemiology of trypanosomosis in FUNAAB mandate area.
(e) Comparative treatment regimes for dermatophilosis.
(f) Establishment of basic clinical parameters of domestic livestock in Ogun State.
(g) Epidemiology of animal-source food borne zoonotic infections.
1. University of Ibadan Development Committee Senate Research Grant (SRG) No. 2/SRG7/27 (1982) for studies on ‘Aetiology of neonatal mortalities in lambs and kids’. Value ₦ 4, 000.00.
2. Federal Livestock Department of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture grant to O. O. Oduye and E. B. Otesile for ‘Studies on neonatal mortality in lambs and kids’ (1982). Value ₦5,000.00.
3. Senate Research Grant (SRG/FVM/87-88/30A) for ‘Studies on calf-hood mortality in traditionally managed cattle herds’. Value ₦2,750.00.
4. United States Feed Grains Council Research Grant for ‘Studies on relationship between nutrition and disease in growing pigs’. to B. O. Fagbemi and E. B. Otesile (1988). Value ₦6,000.00.
5. United States Feed Grains Council Research Grant for ‘Studies on relationship between nutrition and infection in boars on different planes of dietary energy. To E. B. Otesile and B. O. Fagbemi. (1989). Value ₦6,000.00.
6. CIDA/NSERC Fellowship (Research Associateship) equipment Grant of $5,000.00, (1988).
7. Senate Research Grant (SRG/FVM/1995) for studies on causes of recumbency in trade cattle following prolonged transportation. Value ₦ 90,000.00.
8. Team Leader, Senate Research Grant (SRG/FVM/1996/1B) for ‘Studies on the relationship between trypanotolerance and of Nigerian breeds of cattle and markers of genetic resistance including proteins of the classical and alternative complement pathways’. Value ₦300,000.00.
9. Health Team Leader, International Development Research Centre funded, and ILRI coordinated research on ‘Improved benefits of urban and peri-urban livestock production through management of associated human and environmental health risks. (2001-2005). Work of the Team was supported by with equipment, reagents and materials worth over $50,000.00. Paper presented at the Work planning meeting for the IDRC-funded project: ‘Improving benefits of urban and peri-urban livestock production through management of associated human and environmental health risks in Nigeria, International Institute for Tropical Agriculture, Ibadan,
10. UNAAB RESDEC Research Grant for ‘Studies on comparative therapy of bovine dermatophylosis’. Value ₦200,000.00, (2008).
Last Updated on March 27, 2012 by admin