Ph.D. Thesis – “The role of Co-operative and group farms for expanding food production in Nigeria with particular reference to Ogun State, Nigeria” University of Leeds, July, 1982
M.Phil. Thesis – “Co-operative and peasant farms in cassava production: A Case Study of Iddo (Ibadan) Area, Oyo State, Nigeria.” University of Ibadan, October, 1978
B.Sc. Project – “Economic analysis of Oil Palm Production in Selected Farms of Western State, Nigeria.” University of Ibadan, 1975
“Nigerian Agriculture on the Run: Refuses to Move.” The Second Inaugural Lecture Series of the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Presented on 24th May 1995
Major publications in the last ten years
- Ayinde, I. A., Obayelu, A.E., Sanusi, R.A., Okojie, L.O. and Okuneye, P. A. (2017) Eds Agribusiness Development: Panacea for Economic Recession in Nigeria: Proceedings of the 18th Annual National Conference of the Nigerian Association of Agricultural Economists, held at the Fed. Univ. of Agriculture, Abeokuta, 972 pages
- Obasan, T.A., Okojie, L.O. and Okuneye, P. A. (2017): Determinants of Rural Household’s Food Security in Ogun State, Nigeria in Ayinde, I. A. et al, (2017): Agribusiness Development: Panacea for Economic Recession in Nigeria: Proceedings of the 18th Annual National Conference of the Nigerian Association of Agricultural Economists, held at the Fed. Univ. of Agriculture, Abeokuta (pages 278 – 286)
- Okuneye, P. A. (2016): Fundamentals of Research Methods: Economic, Environmental and Social Issues. Publisher: Livelihoods Support and Development Centre, Abeokuta. 256 pages
- Okuneye, P. A. (2016): Echoes of Mercy: Filled with His goodness. An Autobiography Published and Printed by Rules Concerns Ventures Ltd, Abeokuta. 316 pages.
- Oyedepo, E. O., Afolami, C. A., Okuneye, P. A. and Sodiya, C. I. (2015): Asset Ownership by Rural Women and poverty Status of Rural Households in Ogun State, Nigeria. Moor Journal of Agricultural Research Vol. 16 (1): 103-123
- Arowolo, A. O., Agbonlahor, M. U., Okuneye, P. A. & Soaga, J. A. (2014): Assessing the Distributional Impact of Community Forest Income: Evidence from South-Western Nigeria. International Journal of Social Economics, 41(11): 1101-1109. Published by Emerald Publication, USA. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSE-07-2013-0156
- Arowolo, A. O., Agbonlahor, M. U., Okuneye, P. A. & Soaga, J. A (2014): Adopting a participatory approach to community forests management in Rural Nigeria. Global NEST Journal, 16(5), 975-987. Published by Global NEST,Greece.https://journal.gnest.org/journal-paper/adopting-participatory-approach-community-forests-management-rural-nigeria
- Okuneye P. A. (2014): The green economy and agricultural progress in Nigeria: the economics of unutilized resources. Ikorodu Development Group Seminar in Honor of Prof of Animal Science.
- OKUNEYE, P. A. SHITTU, A. M. OLANREWAJU, T. O. TOLORUNJU, E. T. and O. L. AFOLABI (2014): “Awareness, Perception and adoption of Cassava Processing Technologies in Nigeria” Journal of Applied Agricultural Research, Vol. 6 (2) pages 29 – 37.
- Otunaiya A.O, Okuneye P.A, Olubanjo O. O, Shittu A. M. (2013). Factor Demand and Inputs Substitution of Inorganic Fertilizer Use in Food Crops Production in Southwestern, Nigeria. European Journal of Scientific Research 108 (3):349- 359
- Otunaiya A.O., Okuneye P.A., Aihonsu J.O.Y (2012). Pattern of Inorganic Fertilizer Use among Food Crop Farmers in Ogun State, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Agriculture, 4(1): 26-31.
- Otunaiya A.O., Okuneye P.A., Aihonsu J.O.Y (2011). Comparative Economic Analysis of Inorganic Fertilizer Use in Food Crop Production in Ogun State, Nigeria International Multidisciplinary Journal of Scientific Research 4 (1 & 2): 9-16
- Okuneye, P. A. and Ayinde, I. A. (2011): “The Nigerian Agricultural Policy Inadequacy: The Way Forward” Nigerian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol 2 (1) pp 1 -19
- Fabusoro, E., Omotayo, A. M., Apantaku, S. O., and Okuneye, P. A. (2010): “Forms and Determinants of Rural Diversification in Ogun State, Nigeria” Journal of Sustainable Development Vol 34, Issue No. 4, pp 417 – 438.
- Okuneye, P. A. (2010): “The Persistence of Agricultural Formalism in Nigeria: Towards a Situated Radicalism of Agricultural System” published by the College of Agricultural management and Rural Development, Univ. of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria, Sept. 2010
- Okuneye, P. (2010): “Achieving Agricultural Self-Sufficiency in Nigeria: Linking Promises to Realistic Policies” Afe Babalola Univ. Press, Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria, December, 2010.
- Opeolu, B O.; K. Adebayo, Okuneye, P. A.; Badru, F. A. (2010): “Physicochemical and Microbial Assessment of Roadside Food and Water samples in Lagos and Environs” J. Applied Sci. Env. Mgt. March 2010. Vol 14 (1) 29-34
- Ibrahim, D. A., A. Okuneye, A. O. Dipeolu and I. A. Ayinde (2010): “Evaluation of Costs of malaria Among Arable Crop farming Households in Niger State, Nigeria” ASSET Series C Vol. 5 No. 1, 2010 Univ. of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
- Adegbite, D. A., A. Okuneye, A. O. Adebambo, O. Odu, A. M. Shittu and S. A. Adewuyi (2010): Comparative Analysis of Production Efficiency of Government Assisted and Unassisted Pig farmers in Lagos State” ASSET Series C (2010) 5 (1) pages 1 – 16 Univ. of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
- O. Otunaiya, P.A. Okuneye and J.O.Y. Aihonsu (2009) Factors Influencing the use of Inorganic Fertilizer by Food Crop Farmers in South West Nigeria. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research (O.O.U, Ago – Iwoye) 2 (2); 43-52
- O.Y. Aihonsu, P.A. Okuneye and T.M. Arole (2009) – An Economic Investigation into Upland rice Production in Ijebu – North Local Government Area of Ogun State, Nigeria. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. (O.O.U, Ago-Iwoye) 11(1): 108-118.
- Opeolu, B. O., Adebayo, K, Badru, F. A. and Okuneye, P. A. (2009). “Socio-economic, environmental and health consequences of rural-urban migration in Lagos, Nigeria” FAMAN Journal. 10 (1):17-29
- Aihonsu J.O.Y., Olubanjo O.O., Akinleye S.O. and Okuneye P.A. eds (2007): Infrastructure and Water Management in Nigeria’s Agricultural and Rural Development Systems. Proceedings of the 21st Annual National Conference of the Farm Management Association of Nigeria (FAMAN), Nigeria.
- Adebayo, K., Awotunde, M., Okuneye, P. A. and Okonkwo, U. V. (2006). “Assessment of secondary school agricultural education programme in the rural areas of Imo State” Nigerian Journal of Rural Sociology 6(1/2):13-22
Notable tools of analysis utilized in most of the publications are Linear Programme, cost – benefit analysis, gross margin Analysis, Regression Analysis, Simulation Input – Output Analysis and Erosion Productivity Impact Calculation for Environmental Degradation Studies.
Other areas covered in my research work and publications include environmental and waste management, human and group behavior, rural development and Policy Analysis. To date, the total publications number over 140.
Last Updated on September 22, 2020 by FUNAAB