(a) Abiola, S.S. (1984): Blood glucose, serum cholesterol and carcass characteristics in broilers fed sweet potato and soybean ration. M. Sc. Dissertation, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
(b) Abiola, S.S. (1988): Studies on the value of cocoa husk in the nutrition of cockerels. Ph.D Thesis, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
II. PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS
(1) Abiola, S. S. and Tewe, O. O. (1991): Chemical evaluation of cocoa by- products. Trop. Agric. (Trinidad). 68(4): 335-336.
(2) Abiola, S.S. and Tewe, O. O.(1992): Effects of cocoa husk on the performance of cockerels. Jour. Agric. Sci.& Tech. 2 : 131-134
(3) Abiola, S.S. (1996): Traditional livestock production in Lagos State of Nigeria. Nig. Jour. Agric. Ext. 9: 94-102
(4) Abiola, S.S. (1996): Assessment of abattoir and slaughter slab operations in Oyo State. Nig. Jour. Anim. Prod. 23 (1): 82-84.
(5) Abiola, S.S. (1997): Poultry production at village level in Ogun State. Nig. Jour. Agric. Ext. 10: (1&2) : 27-32.
(6) Abiola, S.S. (1997): The salvage value of bovine foetuses in slaughtered cattle within Ogun State, Nigeria. Nig. Jour. Anim. Prod. 24: 76-78.
(7) Abiola, S.S. (1997): Effect of replacing maize with maize bran and cassava peels on broiler performance and carcass composition. Bull. Anim. Health and Prod. In Africa. 45: 155-158.
(8) Abiola, S.S. and Onwuka, C.F.I (1998): Reproductive performance of WAD sheep and goats at village level in Ogun State, Nigeria. Nig. Jour. Anim. Prod. 25:79-82.
(9). Abiola, S.S. (1998). Effects of alkali-treated cocoa pod husk on performance and blood pH of cockerels. Jour. Agric, Sci. and Tech. Vol. 5-8: 96-99.
(10) Abiola, S.S. (1999): Utilization of sun-dried poultry manure as protein supplement in cassava chips based diets of weaner pigs. Inter. Jour. Anim. Sci. 14: 27-30.
(11) Abiola, S. S. (1999): Hatching characteristics of eggs from three strains of parent lines in the Humid tropics. Trop. Veterinarian.
(12) Abiola, S. S. (1999): Effects of turning frequency of hen’s egg in electric table- type incubator on weight losses, hatchability and
mortality. Nig.Agric.Jour. 30: 77-82.
(13) Abiola, S. S. (1999) : Effects of replacing maize based diet with sweet-potato and groundnut cake with soybean meal on
blood constituents and carcass yield of broilers. Nig. Veterinary Jour. 20 (1): 92-100.
(14) Abiola, S. S. (1999): Haematological indices and serum metabolites of cockerels fed hatchery waste meal diets. Trop. Vet. 18: 79-84.
(15) Abiola, S. S. (1999): Yield of un-hatched incubator eggs and it’s replacement value in soybean meal diets fed to cockerels. Trop. Jour. Anim. Sci. 1(2): 79-85.
(16) Abiola, S. S. and Amoda, J. O. (1999): Evaluation of quality characteristics of pig and goat casings as sausage containers. Trop. Anim. Prod. Investigations,2 : 5-10
(17) Abiola, S. S. and Soremi, B. S. (1999): Replacement value of corn flour with wheat flour in pure beef liver sausage. Trop. Anim. Prod. Investigations. 2 : 119-123.
(18) Abiola, S. S ; Ikeobi, C.O.N. and Dipeolu, M.A. (1999): Bovine foetal wastages in abattoir and slaughter slabs of Oyo State, Nigeria: Pattern and ethical concerns. Trop. Jour. Anim. Sci. 2: 143-148.
(19) Akinola, S. O. and Abiola, S. S. (1999): Blood chemistry and carcass yield of cockerels fed melon husk diets. Trop. Jour. Anim. Sci. 2 (2): 39- 44.
(20) Abiola, S. S. (2000): Casing quality from entire male and female large white pigs. Trop. Veterinarian. 18: 183-186.
(21) Sowande, O. S; Aina, A. B. J; Oduguwa. O. O ; Biobaku, W. O. and Abiola, S.S. (2000): The Performance of WAD goat on dietary magnesium sulphate supplements. Trop. Jour. Anim.Sci. 3 (2): 21-25.
(22) Abiola, S. S. and Adegbaju, S. W. (2001): Effects of substituting pork backfat with rind on quality characteristics of pork sausage. Meat Sci. 58: 409-412.
(23) Oyebimpe, K. and Abiola, S. S. (2001): Effects of egg incubation position in electric table-type incubator on hatchability and post- hatch performance of chicks. Bull. Anim. Health and Prod. In Africa. 49: 122-128.
(24) Abiola, S.S. (2001): Substitution of groundnut cake for hatchery waste meal in finisher diets of cockerels. Sci. Forum. Vol. 4 (1). 48-53.
(25) Okewole, E. A ; Abiola, S. S; Aderinto, A. A. and Oladele, O. O. (2002): Ferbendazole efficacy in lambs: A comparison of oral dosing and feed block additive modes of administration. Nig. Jour. Anim. Prod. 29(2): 251-258.
(26) Abiola, S.S. and Adekunle, A.O. (2002): Nutritive value of Melon husk in the diet of chickens. Bioresource Tech. 81: 265-267.
(27) Abiola, S.S; Amalime, A.C. and Akadiri, K.C. (2002): The utilization of alkali-treated melon husk by broilers. Bioresource Tech.. 84: 247-250.
(28) Idowu, O.M.O ; Eruvbetine, D; Oduguwa, O.O; Bamgbose, A.M. and Abiola, S.S. (2003): Response of finishing broiler chickens fed three energy/protein combinations at fixed energy/protein ratio. Nig. Jour. Anim. Prod. 30 (2): 185-191.
(29) Ogungbayi, A.T; Abiola, S.S. and Ozoje, M.O.(2003): The study of linear body measurements of WAD lambs and kids under traditional magt. system.. Nig. Jour. Anim.Prod. 30.(2): 197-202.
(30) Amao, O.A; Osinowo,O.A; Onwuka, C.F.I; Abiola, S.S. and Dipeolu, M.A.(2003). Evaluation of udder traits in West African Dwarf Goats. Nig. Jour. Animal.Prod. 30(2): 242-252.
(31) Amao, O.A; Osinowo, O. A; Lapini, C. A; Dipeolu, M.A; Abiola, S.S. and Onwuka, C. F. I. (2003): Types and frequencies of udder shapes and abnormalities in WAD and Red Sokoto goats. Nig. Jour. Anim. Prod.30(2): 252-258.
(32) Abiola, S.S, Sangodoyin, O.S. and Okewole, E.A.(2003). Assessment of quality characteristics of cellulose, sheep and goat casings as sausage containers. Trop. Vet. 21(2): 49-53.
(33) Abiola, S. S.and Tewe, O.O.(2003). Effect of replacing cocoa husk for wheat bran on internal organs, carcass yield, serum metabolites and economics of production of growing cockerels. The Nig. Agric. Jour. 34: 110-115.
(34) Abiola, S.S; Balogun, O.A and Adebiyi, R.A.(2003). Comparative evaluation of reproductive wastage in Anak broiler and Harco egg-type breeders. Bull. Anim. Health and Prod. In Africa 51: 121-124.
(35) Amao, O.A; Osinowo, O.A; Onwuka, C.F.I; Abiola, S.S. and Dipeolu, M.A. (2003). Evaluation of udder traits as influenced by bodyweight and reproductive status of Red Sokoto goats in a guinea savannah environment. The Nig. Agric Jour. 34: 131-137.
(36) Abiola, S. S.and Onunkwor, E.K.(2004). Replacement value of hatchery waste meal for fish meal in layer diets. Bioresource Tech. Vol. 95(1): 103-106
(37) Abiola, S. S; Kadiri, E. I. and Kareem, T. T. (2004). Effect of Melon Seed Meal addition on quality characteristics of chicken sausages. Jour. Sci. Food and Agric. 84:423-426.
(38). Adebambo, A.O., Ozoje, M.O., Abiola, S.S. and Adebambo, Funmi (2006). Analysis of the growth curves of Indian and Nigerian chicken ecotypes in the Humid Tropics. ASSET Jour. Series A 6(1): 103-110.
(39). Kayode, S. A, Amos, O. Fanimo, Samuel, S. Abiola and Yemi Akegbejo-Samsons. (2006). Potential of breadfruit meal as alternative energy source to maize in diet of broiler chickens. The Jour.of Poult. Sci. 43: 241-249.
(40). Obadina, A.O., Oyewole, O.B., Sanni, L.O. and Abiola, S.S. (2006). Fungal enrichment of cassava peels proteins. African Jour. of Biotech. 5(3): 302-304
(41). Adebambo, A.O., Ozoje, M.O., Abiola, S.S. and Adebambo, Funmi (2006). Genetic variations in the growth performance of Giriraja, Indian White Leghorn and Improved Indigenous chicken genotypes in South Western Nigeria. Niger. Jour. Genetics. 20: 9-21. http://ajol.info/index.php/nig/article/view/42247
(42). Sogunle, O.M., Fanimo, A.O., Abiola, S. S. and Bamgbose, A M. (2007). Growth response, body temperature and blood constituents of pullet chicks fed cassava peel meal supplemented with cashew nut reject meal. Nig. Jour. Anim. Prod. 34(1): 32-34.
(43). Abiola, S.S., Meshioye, O.O., Oyerinde, B.O. and Bamgbose, M.A. (2008). Effect of egg size on hatchability of broiler chicks. Arch. Zootec. 57(217): 83-86.
(44). Abiola, S. S., Afolabi, A.O. and Dosunmu, O. J. (2008). Hatch ability of chicken eggs as influenced by turning frequency in hurricane lantern incubator. African Jour. Biotech. 7(23): 4310-4313.
(45). Sogunle, O.M., Fanimo, A.O., Abiola, S.S. and Bamgbose, A. M. (2009). Performance of growing pullets fed cassava peel meal diet supplemented with cashew nut reject meal.
Arch. Zootec. 58(221): 23-31.
(46). Abiola, S.S. and Ewebajo, O.O. (2009). Substitution of wheat flour for cassava flour in the manufacture of beef sausage. Jour. for New Generation Sci.7(2): 1-7.
(47). Egbeyale, L.T., Abiola, S.S., Fanimo, A.O., Oduguwa, O.O. and Sogunle, O.M. (2010). Effect of chemical treatments on microflora species on eggshell and hatchability of broiler eggs. Nig. Jour. Animal Prod. 37(1): 25-33.
(48) Abiola, S. S., Balogun, J. S., Oduguwa, O. O. and Dipeolu, M. A. (2011). Beak amputation effects on performance and egg quality chracterstics of Native layers *Yacon) chickens. Bulletin. Anim. Health and Prod. In Africa. Vol. 59 (2): 233-238.
(49) Sogunle, O. M., Fanimo, A. O., Abiola, S. S. and Bamgbose, A. M. (2012). Cassava (Manihot esculenta) peel meal supplemented with cashew nut (Anacardium occidentales) reject meal diets: Effect on performance and egg qualities of egg-type chicken. Nig. Jour. Anim. Prod. 39 (1): 132-145.
(50) Sogunle, O. M., Olaniyi, O. A., Egbeyale, L. T., Akinola, O. S., Shittu, T. A., Abiola, S. S., Ladokun, A. O. and Sobayo, R. A. 2012. Free range and deep litter production systems: Effect on performance, carcass yield and meat composition of cockerel chickens. Trop. Animal Health and Prod. 213. Available on line at http:.//dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11250-012-0213-2.
(51) Abiola, S. S., Radebe, N. E., Westhuizen, C.V.D. and Umesiobi, D. O. (2012). whole hatchery waste meal as alternative protein and calcium sources in broiler diets. Arch. Zootec. 61; 229-234.
(52) Sogunle, O. M., Olaniyi, O. A. Shittu, T. A. and Abiola, S. S. (2012). Performance and meat attributes of chicckens reared on deep litter and free range. Arch. Zootec. 61 (236): 569-576
Last Updated on April 3, 2012 by admin