- Best graduating student in the following discipline: Soil Science, Plant Breeding and Seed Technology, Plant Biochemistry and Plant Physiology, Phytopathology.
- Won the Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship from Bachelors Degree to Ph.D. level. 1988-2002
- Certificate of Appreciation, Moscow, in recognition of immense contributions towards the formation of Nigeria community in Russia and promotion of good image of the country. 2002
- Certificate of Merit, Jimma University, in recognition of diligent and meritorious service as a Nigerian expatriate volunteer. 2008
- Certificate of Commendation, for immense contributions towards the development of the Department of Horticulture, Jimma University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, (JUCAVM), Jimma University, Ethiopia 2008
- Certificate of Service, by the Federal Ministry of External Affairs, Nigeria, in recognition of services rendered to the Ethiopian Government through the Technical Aid Corp Programme, 2006 – 2008 Programme 2010
Last Updated on April 29, 2019 by FUNAAB