1. Aquifer Vulnerability/Aquifer Test.
2. Applications of geophysics to soil and Groundwater Pollution.
3. Contribution of geographical methods in the determination of aquifer parameter.
4. Determination of Aquifer Parameters for a Multiple Well System.
5. Geo-electrical Investigation for the assessment of groundwater condition: a case study.
1. Comparing Groundwater Recharge Estimate Using Advance Monitoring Techniques & models.
2. Environmental Hydrogeology of………. :Effect of Mining and Urban Expansion on Groundwater quality
3. Groundwater Availability of — Aquifer: Numerical Simulations through 2050.
4. Integration of Hydrologic Field Investigation, Aquifer Analysis and Proper Well Development in Maximizing Pumping Capacity.
MAJOR RESEARCH ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- My research work has focused extensively on groundwater investigation using various techniques of electrical resistivity methods of geophysical prospecting. I have used other methods of prospecting to delineate the subsurface structure for mineral exploration. The following are the significant contributions I have made in my areas of research:
- I have carried out series of field experiment in my locality to determine subsurface contamination in the vicinity of refuse dumps. The major contribution here was to establish the WHO standards for water consumption amongst water wells, borehole drilled within and around refuse dump sites, articles 1, 2, 3, 14, 15 and 20.
- I have also used electrical resistivity methods of prospecting to classify the geology of my locality (sedimentary, complex basement and transitional zones) so as to establish the aquifer characteristics for groundwater potentials and also be able to have guidelines for water engineers and borehole drillers, articles 5, 6, 8, 11, 16, 18 and 21.
- I have carried out theoretical work on seismic waves in anisotropic earth media. Here, we were trying to study the propagation of seismic waves in various earth media and compare with the direction of groundwater flow. Also arising from this, we were able to understand clearly the numerical model to study the effect of sediment size and depth in the movement of groundwater in an open channel bend systems, articles 7 and 9.
- Recently, I have carried out research work on mineral exploration and mineral reserve estimates within and around south-western Nigeria, using electrical resistivity methods. My main goal was to explore area where mineral deposits (Mica, Limestone, Kaolin Clay, Tourmaline and the likes) are located and also distinguish between their qualities and quantify the amount of reserve deposits. Also along this study, I have observed the effect of these mineral deposits on the groundwater potentials of the area where they are located, articles 12, 13, 17, 18, 22, 23, 24 and 25.
- Conclusively, it has not been easy carrying out these research works because of the unavailability of equipment and manpower. This has handicapped quite a number of good research works in the area of geophysics. Sequel to this, we tried to carry out fabrication of equipment for resistivity measurement and this is effectively in use, article 10.
Last Updated on April 12, 2019 by admin