A Dissertations and Thesis
Oluboyede, H.A. (1984) ‘Effect of Ekiti Phonology on English Language pronunciation of
Secondary School Students in Ekiti Central Local Government of Ondo State’.B.Ed.
project submitted to the Department of Education, University of Benin, Benin-City
Bodunde, H. A. (1991). ‘Factors Influencing Adolescents’ Attitudes to School
Rules and Regulations in Zaria Secondary Schools’. M. Ed dissertation submitted
to the Postgraduate School, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Bodunde, H.A. (2004). ‘The Relationship between Language Policy Preference
and Implementation at the Primary School Level : Implications for Policy Re-
design’. PhD Thesis submitted to the Postgraduate School, Ahmadu Bello
b)i. Journal Articles
- Sotiloye, B. and H. (2018). Assessment of students’ reading culture in a Nigerian University: Waxing or waning?Legon Journal of the Humanities. 29.2, 286-308
- Sotiloye, B.S., Bodunde, A. and Ogundele, R. (2018) Social Media Awareness and
Utilization for Academic Activities amongst Students of Tertiary Institutions in
Abeokuta Metropolis, The Journal of Communicative English Vol 19, ISSN:07951949
- Akintona, E, Sotiloye,B,Bodunde, H, Aina, B and Odozor, U (2017) ‘Quine’s Indeterminacy Thesis and the Problem of Semantics’ EnglishLanguageTeachingToday, 13: 48-56.
- BosedeSotiloye, Helen Bodunde,AlphonsusAdebiyi, RemiAduradola (2016)
‘Teachers and Students’ Perception of Mobile Technology in Teaching and Learning
The Journal of Communicative English,12:112-127
- Adebiyi A., Bodunde, Helen, W. Oluokun, I.Dare; O. S. Oyeneye (2016) ‘Language
Learning in Large Classes in Tertiary Institutions in Abeokuta:
Students’Perspectives, English Language Teaching Today, 12:
- Sotiloye,R. Aduradola, B. Akeredolu-Ale, H. Bodunde (2015) ‘Utilising the
Digital Age Opportunities for Enriching Classroom Interaction in Higher Education: A
FUNAAB Experiment’ International Journal of Humanities, Social Sciences and Creative Arts 9:14-21
- S.Sotiloye, H. A. Bodunde, B. I. Akeredolu-Ale, A. A. Adebiyi, R. R. Aduradola (2015) ‘English and Communication Skills in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions: The State of the Art’ English for Specific Purpose World,Issue 50: Vol. 17, 1- 21
Published by ESP World ISSN 1682-3257
- S. Sotiloye, H. A. Bodunde, O. T. Olayemi (2015) ‘English Language Prepositions: An Albatross for English Language Learners in Nigeria’ English for Specific Purpose World, Issue 46:1-11
- Bodunde, H. A., B .S. Sotiloye, and S. Solomon (2014) ‘Access, Use and Attitude of
Senior Secondary School Student in Abeokuta Metropolis to Mobile Phones’.
English Language Teaching Today, 10(2 ): 221-223.
- Aduradola, R. R, B. Sotiloye, Akeredolu-Ale and H. Bodunde (2014) ‘Adopting a
Learner- Friendly Approach to English Language Learners’ Speech Challenge’ English
Language Teaching Today (ELTT), 10: 25-34.
- Adeosun, K.G., C.A. Onifade, B. I. Akeredolu-Ale, A.Bodunde; and O. A
Adebowale (2014) ‘Communication Strategies for Resolving Work-Related Conflicts in Selected Tertiary Institutions’.Journal of Sustainable Development. 11(1):119-126
- Lawal-Adebowale, O.A., A.Bodunde, C.A.Sodiya, Adamu, C.O., Adebayo, A.B.
And Aromolaran, A. K. (2014) ‘Effects of Agricultural Education on In-School Rural Youths’Disposition to Agriculture as Means of Livelihood in Ogun-State, Nigeria’Annals of Child and Youth Studies, 4(1)
13) Sotiloye, B.S, Helen Bodundeand E.T. Popoola (2014). ‘Gender and College as
Correlates in Listening Ability of Fresh Undergraduates at the Federal
University of Agriculture, Abeokuta’, English Language Teaching Today. 10(2):194-203.
14) Emesibe, U.N., C. Soyele, B. Sotiloye, and H. A.Bodunde(2013) ‘Parental Involvement- How Relevant to Nigerian Public Secondary School Students’ English Language Learning in the 21stCentury?English Language Teaching Today (ELTT), 10(1):38-45.
15) Helen Bodunde and BosedeSotiloye (2013). ‘A Critique of Undergraduate Students’
Writing Skill in an ESL Setting: Samples from Federal University of Agriculture,
Abeokuta’. World Journal ofEnglish Language, 3(2): 1-21.
16) Sotiloye, B. S. and H. A. Bodunde (2013). ‘Necessary Herculean Task: Re-writing the English Orthography’.International Journal of Humanities and Social Science.
17) TitilayoPopoola, H. A. Bodunde, and Sotiloye, B.S.(2012). ‘The relationship between Listening Instruction and Performance in Comprehension of Fresh-men of the Federal University of Agricultural Abeokuta, Nigeria’ English Language
Teaching Today, 9:80-93.
18) Fakoya, E. O., H. A. Bodunde, R.O.Coker, and B.G. Abiona (2012) ‘Assessment of Indigenous Language Competence of Extension Agents in Ogun-State, Nigeria, OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development 04(10): 41-48.
19) Bodunde, H. A., B. S. Sotiloye, O. Obanla and A. Soretire (2012) ‘The Application of some Web 2.0 Tools in Teaching Writing Skill’. EDULEARN 12: 0209-
20) Fakoya, E. O., H. A.Bodunde, andR.O.Coker (2012) ‘Assessment of Dialect Use in Agricultural Message Dissemination in Ogun-State, Nigeria,
OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development 04(10): 49-58.
21) Ubong Josiah, Helen Bodundeand Esther Robert (2012) ‘Patterns of English Pronunciation among Nigerian Universities undergraduates: challenges and prospects’ International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology,
2(6), 109- 117.
22) Ebidero, M. A.,H. A. Bodunde, M.S.C.Okolo–NwakaemeandO. Fakoya (2012)
‘A Descriptive Analysis of Discourse Organisation in Postgraduate Students’
Electronic Mails’.EDULEARN 12: 5969-5976.
23) Emesibe, U.N, B.S. Sotiloye and H. A.Bodundeand J.M. Awotunde(2011).
‘Assessment of Parent-Child on Internet Use of Senior Secondary Schools in Abeokuta’.
Journal ofHumanities, Social Sciences and Creative Arts, 6(2): 87-96.
24) R.R.Aduradola and Bodunde, H. A.(2011) ‘Information Communication Technology: A Resource for English Language Teaching in a Second Language Classroom’ English Language Teaching Today (ELTT), 8:38-45.
25) Bodunde, Helen and BolanleAkeredolu-Ale (2010). ‘Communicative Competence of Science Students: An illustration with University of Agriculture. Abeokuta’.
English for Specific Purpose World, 30( 9): 1-19
26) Bodunde, H. A. and F. A. Olanipekun (2009).’ Peer Critiquing as an Effective Strategy for Teaching Writing’. African Research Review, 3 (5): 386 – 402.
27) Bodunde, H.A. and Kelani B.R.O. (2009). ‘An Assessment of the Use of Workbook on the Reading Culture and Performance of Students in Integrated Science in Abeokuta, Nigeria’ African Research Review, 3 (5): 343-361.
28) Bodunde, H A. (2009) ‘The Medium of Instruction Controversy: Language Utility or Inefficiency, Journal of Humanities, Social Science and Creative Art, 4(1):
29) Onifade, C.A. and H. A. Bodunde(2009) ‘Gender differences in students response to
corrupt practices in Nigeria. Gender and Behaviour7(1) :2162-2172
30) Bodunde, H. A. (2008). ‘School Location and Proficiency in Oral English’.ASSET
Series C, 3(1):80-85
31) Bodunde, H. A. &B. S. Sotiloye (2007). Concepts of Good and Evil in Medieval
Drama: A Re-Appraisal of Everyman and Dr Faustus. In A. E. Eruvbetine&Udu
Yakubu (eds) Re-visioning Humanistic Studies. Lagos: African Cultural Institute, 156-
32) Bodunde, H. A. (2006) ‘An Appraisal of Reading Skill and Comprehension Ability of
Pupils in Nigerian Primary Schools’ English Language Teaching Today.5: 59-70.
33) Bodunde, H. A. (2005). ‘Students’ Perception on Effective Teaching and Learning
of English Communication Skills: An Approach to Need Analysis’ English
Language Teaching Today, 4( 2): 21-28.
34) Bodunde, H. A. (2005). ‘Towards a Functional Language Policy for Primary School
Instruction in Nigeria’.Gege: Ogun Studies in English; 5 (1): 220-233.
35) Aduradola R. R. and H. A. Bodunde (2001) ‘Use of Communicative Media for
Improving Language Teaching and Learning’ Knowledge Review; 3(5) : 143-148
36) Bodunde, H. A. (2000). ‘A Viable Theory for Teaching and Learning of a second
Language : Contrastive Analysis’. Knowledge Review; 2 (1): 94-98.
37) Bodunde, H. A. and D. L. Obieje (1999). ‘Language Revitalization: A Satellite for
Enduring Democracy’ Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and Instruction;
8(4) : 104-113.
38) Bodunde H. A. and Oshagami, E. I. (1999) ‘English for Academic Purpose (EAP)
inAhmadu Bello University: Issues, Problems and Prospects’. Samaru
Journal of Agricultural Education; 6 (1&2): 31-39.
39) Palu, D. Z. andBodunde H. A. (1998). ‘The Importance of Indigenous Languages
in Media Education for National Development’. Nigerian Journal of Curriculum
and Instruction; 7 (2): 67-74.
40) Bodunde, H. A. and D. Z. Palu (1998). ‘Bi-lingual Education as an Instrument for
National Development’. Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and Instruction, 7:
41) Oshagbami, M. I. and H. A. Bodunde (1998). ‘Teachers’ and Students’ Perception of
English Language Skills’ Needs of Agriculture Students of Ahmadu Bello
University, Colleges of Agriculture”. Nigerian Journal ofTechnical Education,
15 ( 2) :132-140.
42) Bodunde, H. A. (1998) ‘Language Policy on Education in Nigeria: A Focus on
Vocational & Technical Education’ Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and
Instruction; 6: 38-42.
43) Bodunde, H. A. and Z. D. Palu (1998) ‘Sex and PerformCommunicative Skills in Vocational and Technical Education’ Journal ofQuality Education; 5: 91- 98.
44) Abubakar, B. M. and Bodunde, H. A. (1996) ‘Women in Adult and Non- formal Education in Nigeria’.Gender Issues in Education and Development; 8: 213-233.
45) Palu, D. Z. and H. A. Bodunde (1996) ‘Innovation in Curriculum Programmes: A focus on English as Language of Instruction’ Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and Instruction; 3(1): 23-25
46) Bodunde, H. A. (1996) ‘An Appraisal of Language Policy in Education as Stipulated
in the National Policy on Education’ Samaru Journal of Agricultural Education
5 (1&2): 41-49
47) Akeredolu-Ale, Bolanle, HelenBodunde, BosedeSotiloye, RemiAduradola, TemitopeOlaifa and AlphonsusAdebiyi (2014) Studies in English Language
and Literature, Abeokuta : Jacob and Lydia Publishers, ISBN: 978-978-49953-6-8 pp
48) Akeredolu-Ale, B., B. Sotiloye, T. Azeez, H. Bodunde, P. Ayebola and R. Aduradola
(2003) Communication Skills in English for Tertiary Institutions, Abeokuta:
General Studies Department
49) Bodunde, H. A., R. R. Aduradola, B. Akeredolu-Ale, P. Ayebola, B. Sotiloye and T.
Azeez (2005) Communicative English Practice. Abeokuta: General Studies
Chapters in Book
50) Aina, M. O. and Bodunde, H. (2017). ‘Pronunciation Competence of Selected Second
Language Speakers of English’ In Akin Odebunmi, Ayo Osisanwo, Helen Bodunde and
Stella Okpe(eds) Grammar Applied Linguistics and Society,A festschrift for Wale
51) Obayelu, A.E., Bodunde, H. A., and Onifade, C. A.(2019). Universities and the
Implementation of SDGs: The case of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta,
Ogun State, Nigeria (In press)
52)Obayelu, A. E., Bodunde, H.A. and Onifade, C.A.(2019). Universities and the
implementation of Sustainable Development Goals: the Caso of Federal University of
Agriculture, Abeokuta.Proceedings of the 333rd National Conference of Farm
Management Association of Nigeria,Ayinde, I.A., Dipeolu,A.O. and Banmeke, TOA(Eds).
Published by FAMAN.
53) Akintona, E., Odozor, U., Sotiloye, B., Aduradola, R., Bodunde, H. and Akeredolu-Ale,
- (2017) “Feminism and Unity of Opposites: Enhancing Good Leadership and
Governance in Nigeria” Proceedings 5th International Conference on Management,
Leadership and Governance, ZaneleNdaba&ThabangMokoteli. (Eds) 24-31.
Published by Academic Conference and Publishing International Limited, UK.
54) Bodunde, H. A., Sotiloye, B. S.,Akeredolu-Ale, B. I., Aduradola, R. R., Adebiyi, A.
- (2017) “A Comparative Analysis of Communication Style of Selected Organizations
in Nigeria” 5th International Conference on Management,Leadership and
Governance, ZaneleNdaba and ThabangMokoteli (Eds.)
Published by Academic Conference and Publishing International Limited, U.K.
55)Bodunde, Helen, BosedeSotiloye, BolanleAkeredolu-Ale, RemiAduradola, Alphonsus
Adebiyi (2017)Comparative Analysis of Communication Strategies of Two Selected
Organizations in Nigeria. Proceedings 5th International Conference on Management,
and Governance Conference,16-17 March
56) Fapojuwo, O. E., B. S. Sotiloye, R. R. Aduradola; H. A. Bodunde and B. I.
Akeredolu-Ale (2015) ‘Using Digital Technologies to Enrich Classroom Interactions in
Higher Education: Experimental Observations from FUNAAB’ SOLSTICE Conference
2015 Edge Hill University, UK
57)BolanleAkeredolu-Ale, BosedeSotiloye, Helen Bodunde&RemiAduradola (2014)
‘Impact of the Digital Age on the Teaching and Learning Of English and Communication
Skills (ECS): Exploratory Observations from a Nigerian University’ 7th Edition of ICT for
Language Learning pp. 230- 234( Pixel Florence Italy ISBN 978-88-6292-548-8)
58) Bodunde, H A (2008). ‘Effective Use of Communication Skills’ In Phillip B.B. and
Ayelaagbe I.O.O. (eds.) Proceedings on Work Ethics for Professional and Technical Staff
in the University pp. 57-73
59)Bodunde, H A (2005). Attitude to Choice of Medium of Instruction in Nigerian
Primary Schools.Proceedings of English Language Teaching Today. 2:39-44.