The much-awaited site visit of UK’s Department for International Development (DfID) DelPHE-5 project has come and gone.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities and British Council-appointed Project Evaluation Consultant, Dr. Kolawole Adebayo, accompanied by an Assistant, Mrs. Olubukola Osuntade, arrived promptly at the office of Director of Grants Management by 9.00 am on Monday April 2, 2012.
This special visit coincided with another visit by the Monitoring and Evaluation Team of Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria.
The Director of Grants Management, Prof. O.B. Oyewole, led the two teams to the office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Development), Prof. F. K. Salako.
In a brief opening ceremony, the Vice Chancellor, represented by the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Development) expressed delight at the visitation of the two teams, assuring them that FUNAAB is committed to implementation of due process in all its financial operations. He wished them a successful and pleasant exercise.
Back at the office of the Grants Management Director, the DfID DelPHE-5 Project Evaluation Consultant, Dr. Kolawole Adebayo, got down to business as he engaged the various Focus Users’ Groups, FUGs.
The FUGs interviewed were:-
- A 3-man representative of tomato farmers from Olorunda, Ogun State.
- Extension Agents from Ogun State ADP.
- Beneficiaries of DelPHE-5 Training Workshop held in July 2011.
- Postgraduate (1 Ph.D and 1 M. Agric.) students benefitting from the project.
- Undergraduate students benefitting from the project.
- Consultants on Tomato Production engaged by the project.
- Core project team members, including Project’s Breeder – Prof. D. K. Ojo, Economist and Extension Expert, Dr. (Mrs.) D. Adegbite, and Ekiti State ADP Representative, Sir Yemi Falana.
The Project Evaluation Consultant, Dr. Adebayo, finally interacted with the Principal Investigator, Dr. A. R. Popoola.
The exercise ended around 4:00 pm on Monday April, 2012.
The FUNAAB/KNUST/DfID/British Council DelPHE-5 project appreciates the effort of the Vice Chancellor, FUNAAB, Prof. O.O. Balogun and that of Director Grants Management, Prof. O.B. Oyewole, for logistics support given during this exercise. We also wish our Project Evaluation Consultant safe and successful visitations to other project sites nationwide.