a) Recently submitted articles
1. Mustapha, A.O., Patel, J.P. Kalambuka, H.A. Acholla O., Maina, D. Outdoor external doses in the high background radiation area of Lambwe east location south western Kenya (submitted)
2. Osoro, M.K., Rathore, I.V.S., Mangala, M.J., Mustapha, A.O. Baseline radioactivity levels in surface soils around the proposed titanium mining sites in Kenya (Submitted, Int. J. of Mining, Reclamation and Environment)
b) Published peer-reviewed articles
1. Chege, M.W., Rathore, I.V.S., Chhabra, S.C. and Mustapha A.O. The influence of meteorological parameters on indoor radon in selected traditional Kenyan dwellings J. Radiol. Prot. 28 95 – 103 (2009)
2. Mustapha, A.O., Mbuzukongira, P., Mangala, M.J. Occupational radiation exposures of artisans mining columbite-tantalite in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. J. Radiol. Prot. 27 (187-195 (2007)
3. Calamosca, M., Penzo, S., Rossetti, M, Mustapha, A.O. Meeting New Challenges in Radon Measurements Service with Solid State Alpha Track Analysis. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. Doi: 10.1093/rpd/ncm217 (2007)
4. Rathore, I.V.S., Hashim, N.O., Kinyua, A.M., Mustapha, A.O. Natural and artificial radioactivity levels in sediments along the Kenyan Coast Radiation Physics and Chemistry 71 805-806 (2004)
5. Hashim, N.O., Rathore, I.V.S., Kinyua, A.M., R.L. Stangl, Mustapha, A.O. Assessment of quality of trace element measurements by EDXRF technique: a statistical approach Radiation Physics and Chemistry 71 791-792 (2004)
6. Mustapha, A.O., Patel, J.P., Rathore, I.V.S., Hashim, N.O., Otwoma, D. An investigation of the repeatability of calibration
factors in gamma-ray spectrometry of geological materials Applied Radiation and Isotopes 60(1) 79-82 (2004).
7. Mustapha, A.O., Patel, J.P., Rathore, I.V.S. Preliminary report on radon concentration in drinking water and indoor air in Kenya. Environmental Geochemistry and Health 24(4) 387-396 (2002).
8. Mustapha, A.O., Patel, J.P. and Rathore, I.V.S. Assessment of human exposures to natural sources of radiation in Kenya, Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 82(4), 285-292 (1999).
9. Otwoma, D. and Mustapha, A.O. Measurement of 222Rn Concentration in Kenyan Groundwater, Health Phys. 74(1), 91-95 (1998).
10. Mustapha, A.O., Narayana, D.G.S., Patel, J.P. and Otwoma, D. Radioactivity in some Building Materials in Kenya and the Contribution to the Indoor External Doses, Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 71(1), 65-69 (1997).
11. Mustapha, A.O., Oladipo, M.O.A. and Elegba, S.B. Mean Squared Slowing-Down Distance and Age of Americium-Beryllium Neutrons in Perspex, J. Radioanal. and Nucl. Chem. Articles, 181(2), 343-350 (1994).
12. Funtua, I.I., Okujeni, C.D., Elegba, S.B. and Mustapha, A.O. Biogeochemical Technique Applied in Uranium Exploration, Journal of Mining and Geology, 28(1), 158-161 (1992).
13. Elegba, S.B., Okujeni, C.D. and Mustapha, A.O. Geobotanical Uranium Exploration Based on Bark Samples from Savannah Trees – Feasibility Study, Uranium, 4, 219-225 (1988).
Articles published in proceedings
1. Mustapha, A.O., Patel, J.P. Kalambuka, H.A. Acholla O., Maina, D. Outdoor external doses in the high background radiation area of Lambwe east location south western Kenya. Proc. 12th International Congress of the International Radiation Protection Association 19-24 October 2008 Buenos Aires Argentina.
2. Mustapha, A.O., Kalambuka, H.A., Maina, D.M., Onyatta, J., Kioko, J., Masinza, S. and Kamande, J., Needs for education and training in radiation protection; Kenya experience. 2nd All African IRPA Regional Radiation Protection Congress 22-26 April 2007, Ismailia, Egypt
3. Mustapha, A.O., Mbuzukongira, P., Mangala, M.J. A radiological investigation of columbite-tantalite (coltan) mining by artisans in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. Proc. 5th International symposium on naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM V) 19-22 March 2007 Serville Spain
4. Calamosca, M., Penzo, S., Mustapha, A.O. Development of a radon-aerosol system for testing radon and radon decay products measuring instruments. Proc. 5th International symposium on naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM V) 19-22 March 2007 Serville Spain.
5. Mustapha, A.O., Patel, J.P., Ngigi, E. N., Rathore, I.V.S., Hashim, N.O., Evaluation of Geophagia as a pathway for internal exposure to ionizing radiation, Proceedings of the 11th International Congress of the International Radiation Protection Association (IRPAA11), Madrid, Spain, May 23-28, 2004
6. Ghassoun, J., Mustapha, A.O., Mostacci, D., Sumini, M., High neutron flux quality for sample irradiation and BNCT conditions, Proceedings of the 4th Yugoslav Nuclear Society Conference (YUNC, 2002) Belgrade, Yugoslavia, Sept.30-Ot.4, 2002
7. Mustapha, A.O., Patel, J.P., Rathore, I.V.S., Ibikunle, I.K., Dose rate conversion factors for external exposures inside African traditional buildings, In: Ed. M. C. Thorne, Proceedings of the 6th Society for Radiological Protection (SRP) International Symposium, Southport, 14-18 June 1999 (London, UK: SRP), pp. 81-84.
Part of the group that developed the new radon measurement device based on nuclear track detection (patent number MI2006A000703) at Institute of Radiation Protection ENEA Bologna Italy