COURSE CODE: HRT 506
COURSE TITLE: Parks & Gardens Design and Management
NUMBER OF UNITS: 2 Units
COURSE DURATION: 3 Hours / week
Course Coordinator: Prof. J. G. Bodunde, B. Sc., M.Sc. Ph.D.
Office Location: Room 136, COLPLANT
Other Lecturers: O. M. Olosunde
· History of gardens
· Local and modern garden types
· Functional designs for parks and gardens – family gardens, holiday parks, social parks, amusement parks, multipurpose parks, etc
· Concept of national parks and gardens, educational parks and gardens (botanical, horticultural, zoological)
· Garden and parks facilities maintenance and management
· Garden and park restoration
· Contracts and contractual agreements in garden design works
· Garden and park design practical
PRACTICAL: Studio works involving all categories of garden and park design types.
Field Trips to relevant parks and gardens across themes.
Last Updated on May 8, 2012 by admin