(Inset) The VC, Prof. Olusola Oyewole (Top right) addressing participants at the Opening Ceremony of a 2-Day Training Workshop for Heads of Departments in the University.
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Olusola Bandele Oyewole has told the members of the University Community that the leadership of the institution does not depend on him or the top Management alone.
Rather, Professor Oyewole pointed out categorically, that FUNAAB leadership is a collective responsibility of every member of the University Community, irrespective of his or her clout and status.
Declaring open, a 2-Day Training Workshop for Heads of Departments (HODs) on Wednesday at the International Scholar and Resource Centre, the Vice-Chancellor said every staff and student has some roles to play in the onerous task of making FUNAAB a world class institution.
Professor Oyewole stated that it would be erroneous for any member of the academic community, to think that the thrust of leadership of the University is an exclusive preserve of himself, other Principal Officers, Deans and Directors, among others.
The Vice-Chancellor declared, that “The Management will succeed only if leadership at Departmental level succeeds and that is why we need your support and your cooperation”.
He further stressed that, “The strength of leadership, depends on the quality of leadership at all levels. Leadership needs those at the top hierarchy and those at the grassroots to be responsive and play their positive roles at their various levels, for the leadership to succeed.”
- Motivational Challenge on the Vision, Mission and Strategy of the Vice-Chancellor towards repositioning the University for greater heights;
- Leadership and Mentorship;
- Operational Rules and Regulations of the University;
- Command Structure and Organisation of the University;
- Examination Ethics, Supervision, Result Packaging and Presentation;
- Lecturers/Students Relationship;
- Winning and Managing Research Grants;
- Budgeting and Financial Administration and;
- Time and Self Management
Last Updated on October 10, 2012 by admin