We are seeking to recruit a Business Development Expert (BDE) to join our team, to expand our capacity to develop considerable expertise and knowledge on investment promotion, business administration and related issues. The post-holder will contribute in the following work areas:
- Develop intervention that will help increase the market size of cassava based dried products in Nigeria by identifying and working closely with the main players in the market and understanding their issues and constraints and helping to minimize them.
- Work closely with processors (SMEs and Large Factories) of cassava based dried products, farmers and other market intermediaries to improve the efficiency and competitiveness within the value chain.
- Facilitate the coordination of inputs by various actors in the cassava value chain as well as improving communications and understanding within the value chain.
- Develop an understanding of Cassava Based Dried Products price trends and the main factors that impact on it. Record the prices at the main points in the value chain and, if appropriate, develop a “Market Information System” to advertise prices to enable all actors to negotiate more equitably.
- Assist market intermediaries produce business plans to access short and medium-term finance to facilitate the increased output and improve quality of Cassava Based Dried Products.
This specific post will focus on CAVA II project spanning a period of 5 years (April 2014 to 2019). The post will be based in North Central or South-East Nigeria. The position will involve frequent travel within Nigeria and occasional travel to other project countries.
Qualifications and experience: University degree in economics, marketing, business administration or related fields is required. Minimum of five years cognate experience particularly in the area of investment promotion and business development is essential. Demonstrated knowledge of the constraints of working with smallholders farmers who provide raw materials for industrial processing is important. Fluency in English language is required. Good drafting and communication.
Salary and allowances are competitive.
Last Updated on May 28, 2014 by admin