Degree: B. Agric., M. Agric.,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Tel: +2348114504928; +2347069466240
Department: Animal Production and Health
Academic Rank: Assistant Lecturer
I am Odutayo Olusola Joshua, an Assistant lecturer in the Department of Animal Production and Health, Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta.
I graduated in 2013 (B. Agric) with First Class and as the Overall Best graduating student in the University that year. I thereafter proceeded for my Master of Agriculture Degree which I successfully completed in 2016. Currently, I am undergoing my PhD studies in Non Ruminant Production in the Department of Animal Production and Health, with research focused on the application of an innovative nutritional management strategy to Indigenous chicken production with the objective of increasing poultry production in Nigeria.
I joined the service of the Federal University of Agriculture in 2014/2015 Academic Session and since then; I have been involved in research and teaching of some Undergraduate courses in the Department of Animal Production and Health.
My research interest is focused on Non-Ruminant Production with emphasis on the following:
- Manipulation of the physical forms of diet to improve poultry feed utilization.
- Utilization of vitamins in poultry diet to improve productive performance of poultry species.
- Incorporation of locally available alternative feed ingredient in poultry diet.
- In ovo feeding technology to enhance the productivity of indigenous poultry species, and
- Utilization of phytobiotics as alternatives to conventional antibiotics in poultry health management.