MANDATE OF SIWES DIRECTORATE
The mandate of SIWES is to bridge the gap existing between theoretical knowledge acquired in institutions of learning and actual practice in the industrial world.
OBJECTIVES OF FUNAAB SIWES DIRECTORATE
- To provide an avenue for students to acquire industrial skills and experience in their courses of study;
- To prepare students for the work situation they are to meet after graduation.
- To expose students to work methods and techniques in handling equipment and machinery that may not be available in their institutions.
- To make the transition from school to the world of work easier, and enhance students’ contacts for later job placement.
- To provide students with an opportunity to apply their knowledge in real work situation, thereby bridging the gap between theory and practice.
- To enlist and strengthen employers involvement in the entire educational process of preparing University graduates for employment in industry.
Stakeholders in SIWES
1. Federal Government (Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment).
2. Industrial Training Fund (SIWES Division)
3. Supervising/Regulatory Agencies (NUC, NBTE and NCCE).
4. Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education-SIWES Directorate, Colleges and Departments).
5.Employers /Industries/Government Establishments – Civil Service, Corporations, Parastatals, Corporate Private employers, Private Small/Medium Scale Employers, Institutional Employers, Non-Governmental Agencies/Organisations, Indigenous Employers).
7. Parents & Guardians
8. Host Communities