- Olaiya,A.O (1992) : Studies on the critical period of infection of Coanephora cucurbitarium on Amaranthus spp. Submitted for the award of Bachelor of Technology in Crop Production at the Federal University of Technology, Akure. 1992.
- Olaiya,A.O (1996) : The effects of spatial arrangement on the yield of Sunflower in Sunflower, Maize and Cassava intercrop. Submitted to the University of Ibadan for the award of Master of Science degree in Agronomy, 1996.
- Olaiya,A.O (2006) : Effects of Boron, Naphthalene acetic acid and Gibberellic acid spray on pod development and yield of cocoa (Theobroma cacao L). Submitted to the department of Agronomy in the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Ibadan. For the award of Ph.D in Agronomy, 2006.
- Journal Publications
- Hammed, L.A; Adebayo,S.M; Bodunde, J.G; Olaiya, A.O; Olaniyan, A.B and Olosunde, O.M (2017) Mini-nut propagation technique of Kola (Cola nitida vent. Schotland Endl.) influences on seedling growth and early establishment of transplants. Journal of Organic Agriculture and Environment, Vol. 5, No 2: 13-29.
- Olaiya A. O (2016) Effects of pod stage at harvest and post harvest handling on cocoa seedlings development in the nursery. Nigerian Journal of Ecology.Vol. 15 No.1. Pg 19-23. Jan- June 2016. ISSN : 1116-753X.
- L.A Hammed; A.B Olaniyan; A.O Olaiya and E.O Lucas (2015) Field establishment and early nut yield of Cashew (Anacardium occidentale, Linn) as affected by nut size and planting method in Rainforest Agroecological zone of Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Science, Vol.49 : 37-47
- Olaiya,A.O, Famaye, A.O and E.A. Adeyemi (2015) Effects of spacing and component crop population on seedling establishment in Cocoa/Kola/Citrus intercrop. International Journal of Current Research in Biosciences and Plant Biology ISSN: 2349-8080 Volume 2 Number 9 (September-2015) www.ijcrbp.com
- Ajiboye, G.A; Jaiyeoba, J.O; Olaiya, A.O and Hammed, L.A (2015) Fertility baseline study of major Cocoa growing soils of Nigeria and implication for Cocoa production in Nigeria. Published in Nigerian Journal of Soil Science, Vol. 25 : pp 45-57, 2015.
- Ajiboye, G.A; Jaiyeoba, J.O; Olaniyan, J.O and Olaiya, A.O. (2015) Characteristics and suitability of the soils of some major Cocoa growing areas of Nigeria: Etung LGA of Cross River State. Published in AGROSEARCH – A Journal publication of University of Ilorin.
- Hammed, L.A ., Olaniyan, A.B. Olaiya, A.O. Lawal, B.A. 2 and Lucas, E.O (2015). Growth, dry matter partitioning and nutrient uptake of cashew (Anacardium occidentale l.) seedlings as affected by nut-size under an extended nursery period. Journal of Organic Agriculture and Environment Vol. 3, Pg 65 – 83. Published by OAPTIN December 2015.
- Oreyemi, A. B., Sanusi, R. A., Okojie, L. O., Olaiya, A. O and Akerele, D.(2015) Produce certification and income risk management strategies of cocoa farming households in South-West Nigeria. Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce. Center-Print Publishing House, Debrecen scientific papers DOI: 10.19041/APSTRACT/2015/3/10
- Olaiya, A.O; Salami, A.O; Bodunde, J.G; Lawal, O.I; Iluebbey P and Hammed L.A (2016) Field evaluation of yellow cassava varieties as affected by fertilizer types and rates in two agroecologies of Nigeria. African Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology. Vol. 4, Issue 2, pp. 5000-5010. February, 2016 http://www.oceanicjournals.org/ajast ISSN 2311-5882.
- Olaiya, A.O (2015) Agronomic efficiency of biofortified Cassava varieties in Southwest Nigeria. Published in Nigerian Journal of Horticultural Science, Vol.20, Pages 1- 4.
- Olaiya A. O., Atayese M. O., Okeleye K. A., Arowolo T. O and Oluwole S. O (2015)
Impact of poultry manure on fruit yield and yield components of inland valley okra (Abelmoschus esculentus L.) in a forest – Savannah transition ecology of Nigeria. Net Journal of Agricultural Science. Vol. 3(4), pp. 93-98, October 2015 ISSN: 2315-9766.
- Olaiya A.O, Atayese, M.O and Lawal,O.I (2013) Effects of spacing and intercropping on the rate of infestation of parasitic weed on Cocoa plantation. Published in Nigeria Journal of Horticultural Science, 17 : 188-192. Publisher: Horticultural Society of Nigeria.
- Hammed,L.A; Olaniyan,A.B; Olaiya,A.O and Bodunde,J.G (2013) Germination and growth performance of Kola seeds in the nursery as influenced by cotyledon reduction. Seed Science and Technology Journal, 41 : 292-297. Publisher: International Seed Testing Association. USA
- Atayese M.O, Olaiya A.O, Adedeji, A.R and Hammed,L.A (2013) Evaluation of the three Cocoa varieties for drought tolerance in Nigeria.Nigeria Journal of Horticultural Science, 17 : 177-187. Publisher: Horticultural Society of Nigeria.
- Hammed,L.A; Olaiya, A.O; Lawal,O.I; Idowu,O.T.H and Ayelaagbe I.O.O (2013) Effects of some bean characters on germination and seedling growth of Cocoa(Theobroma cacao L). Nigeria Journal of Horticultural Science, 17 : 126-134. Publisher: Horticultural Society of Nigeria
- Atayese, M.O; Lawal, O.I; Afuape,S; Olowookere, F.A; Sakariyawo, O.S; Olaiya, A.O; Fetuga, G.A and Idowu, T.A (2013) Evaluation of growth and yield of sweetpotato (Ipomea batatas L) to different rates of poultry manure in Abeokuta southwestern Nigeria. African Journal of Root and Tuber Crops, 10:(1) : 15-20. Publisher: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture. www.iita.org
- Olaiya,A.O and Fagbayide J.A (2013) Growth performance of Cassava in Cassava/Maize/Sunflower intercrop Accepted for publication in International Journal of Agriculture and Food Science, 4 No. 2 ISSN 2141-7156.
- Olaiya,A.O and L.A.Hammed (2012) Effects of Nutweight, Color and Scarification methods on germination in cola nitida. Accepted for publication in Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare. Publisher: The International Institute of Science, Technology and Education, USA.
- Famaye, A.O., Olaiya, A.O and Ayegboyin, K.O. (2012).Effect of high density of planting on Cocoa establishment and weed biomass. Accepted for publication by International Journal of Tropical Agriculture, 2012.Vol.30 Issue 1-2. www.serialspublications.com India.
- Adedeji, A.R., Odebode, A.C., Sanusi, A.R. and Olaiya, A.O. (2010) Comparative efficacy and economic viability of Trichoderma strains as Bio-control agents for the control of Phythophthora pod rot of Cocoa in Nigeria. African Research Review, 4.: (3a) : 349-366.www.ajol.infoPublisher: International Association of African Researchers and Reviewers, Ethiopia
- Olaiya A.O, Daramola A.G, Fuwape J.A, Okunlola J.O, Oke D.O and I. Ajibefun (2010) Comparative Evaluation of Four Cocoa Rehabilitation Techniques in Farmers Participatory Approach in Ondo State, Nigeria. Journal of Recent Research in Science and Technology. 2(4) x-xx ISSN: 2076-5061. Publisher: International Institute of Science and Technology, India
- Olaiya, A.O, Sanusi, R.A, Adedeji, A.R, Hammed, L.A and R.AHamzat (2009) Evaluation of Cocoa Farms and Farmer’s Productivity in South Western, Nigeria. Journal of Recent Research in Science and Technology. 2(4) x-xx ISSN: 2076-5061. Publisher: International Institute of Science and Technology, India
- Olaiya, A.O.,Fagbayide, J.A., Hammed, L.A and Aliyu, M.O (2006). Comparison in potential pod yield and loss between old and rehabilitated cocoa plots. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 1: (5) 189-193. www.academicjournals.org/ajar
- Aroyeun S.O. Ogunbayo J.O. and Olaiya A.O. (2006) Effect of modified packaging and storage time of cocoa pods on the commercial quality of cocoa beans .British Food Journal, 108 (2) : 141 -151. www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.UK
- Olaiya A.O. and Hammed L.A. (2003) Vegetative propagation in Kola. Nigerian Journal of Science, 37 (1) : 37-42. Publisher: Science Association of Nigeria
- Adenikinju S.A. Abiola F.A. and Olaiya A.O. (2000) Observations on some epiphytes and mistletoes and mineral contents of infested cacao stems. Nigerian Journal of Tree Crop Research; 4, (1) : 27-38. Publisher: Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria
- Fagbayide,J.A; Olaiya,A; Gbadamosi,B; Adetifa,S (1997) Growth and seed yield of Sunflower in Sunflower, Maize and Cassava intercrop. Rivista di Agricoltura subtropicale e Tropicole, 91: (2) : 209-215.
c.) Edited Conference proceedings
- Olaiya A.O, Adedeji A.R and Sanusi R.A (2009) Adoption prospects of technological innovations amongst Cocoa farmers in Nigeria.Presented and Published in 16th International Cocoa Research Conference Proceedings Bali, Indonesia. Editor : Coulibally Nanga. 2: 979-984. Publisher : Cocoa Producers Alliance, Lagos, Nigeria
- Olaiya, A.O. and Fagbayide, J.A. (2006). Effects of Boron, NAA and GA sprays on pod development and yield of cacao (Theobroma cacao). Published inthe 15th International Cocoa Research Conference proceedings, Costa Rica 9th – 14th October, 2006.Editor : Coulibally Nanga. 1 : 379-385. Publisher : Cocoa Producers Alliance, Lagos, Nigeria
- Olaiya A.O. and Agbeniyi S.O. (2003) Management of epiphytes and mistletoes infesting Cocoa Plantation in Nigeria. Published in 14th International Cocoa Research Conference proceedings, Accra, Ghana.Editor : Coulibally Nanga. 1 : 351- 357.Publisher : Cocoa Producers Alliance, Lagos, Nigeria
- Olaiya A.O. and Fagbayide J.A. (2003) Pod yields and losses in Cocoa production in South Western Nigeria.Published in 14th International Cocoa Research Conference proceedings, Accra, GhanaEditor : Coulibally Nanga 2: 1285- 1288. Publisher : Cocoa Producers Alliance, Lagos, Nigeria
- Olaiya A.O. Hammed L.A. and Famaye A.O. (2003) Yield evaluation of cocoa rehabilitation through coppicing.Published in 14th International Cocoa Research Conference proceedings, Accra, Ghana 13-18 October 2003.Editor : Coulibally Nanga. 1 : 331- 334. Publisher : Cocoa Producers Alliance, Lagos, Nigeria
- Abainkanda, J; R.A. Hamzat, A. Akinola, A.O. Famaye, A.O. Olaiya, R.A. Sanusi, L.A. Hammed, O.O.Olubamiwa, F.A. Okelana and G.O. Iremiren (2006) Honeybee keeping under cocoa plantation: A strategy to arrest abandonment of cocoa plantation by cocoa farming household in Nigeria. Presented at the 15th International Cacaoresearch Conference, Costa Rica 9th – 14th October, 2006.Editor : Coulibally Nanga. 2: 1679- 1682. Publisher : Cocoa Producers Alliance, Lagos, Nigeria
- Obatolu, C.R., A.B. Fasina, and A.O. Olaiya (2001). Effect of climate changes on cocoa production in Nigeria: Twenty years’ appraisal. Published in African Crop Science Conference proceedings, 5 : 957-959
- Lawal O.I, Atayese M.O, OyekanmiA.A,Sakariyawo S.O, Aderibigbe S.G, Adeyemi S.O, Olaiya A.O and O.T.H.Idowu (2012) Nitrogen use efficiency and tuber yield of white yam as influenced by compost rates in Abeokuta Southwestern Nigeria. Presented at 13th International Society for Tuber and Root Crop Research Conference, September, 2012, Abeokuta Nigeria and accepted for publication in Conference proceedings
- Sanusi,R.A;Oduwole,O.O;Olaiya,A.O;Ndagi,I;Adedeji,A.R;Aigbekan,E.OandM.O.Adejumo (2012) ICT in Cocoa Agribusiness: A measure of Digital divide between Farmers and Traders in South-West Nigeria. Presented at 17th International Cocoa Research Conference, Cameroon, October, 2012 and accepted for publicationin Conference proceedings.
- Adebayo, S.A; Hammed, L.A; Bodunde & Olaiya, A.O (2014) : Germination, Growth and Early field establishment of kola as affected by mini nut technique. HORTSON 2014, Abeokuta.
(d) Book Publications
- Title – Potato and Sweetpotato in Africa. Transforming the value chains for food and nutrition security. Edited by Jan Low, Moses Nyongesa, Sara Quinn and Monica Parker (2015). Pages 632. Publisher – CAB International. www.cabi.org
Chapter contributed by Authors – Lawal O.I; Atayese M.O; Oyekanmi A.A; Afuwape S.O; Sakariyawo O.S; Olaiya A.O; Idowu O.T.H and Ayelaagbe I.O.O.
Chapter 42 – pages 426 – 432. Nutrient uptake and tuber yield of exotic sweet potato cultivars under organic soil management systems in Abeokuta, Southwestern Nigeria.
Cocoa Production Survey in Nigeria.
- Authors – Iremiren,G.O; Oduwole,O.O; Obatolu,B.O; Aigbekaen,E; Sanusi,R.A; Shittu,T.R; Emaku,L.E; Ibiremo,O.S; Aikpokpodion,P; Agbeniyi,S.O; Ndubuaku,T.C.N; Adeogun,S and Olaiya,A (2012)
- Sponsored by National Cocoa Development Committee and report published by Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria.ISBN : 9789785065664. Pages: 84
Quality manual for production and
primary processing of Cocoa
- Authors-Amoa-Awua,W.F, Madsen,M., Takramah J., Olaiya A.O.,Ban-Kofi,L and M.Jakobsen (2007).
- Publisher- Published by Food Research Institute, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research,Ghana. Pages: 113.
State of cocoa growing, quality and
research in Nigeria: Need for
- Authors-Hamzat, R.A., Olaiya, A.O., Sanusi, R.A and A.R. Adedeji (2006).
- Publisher-Published by Distinct Global Concepts Company, Lagos, Nigeria. www.worldcocoafoundation.org/about/research/usdajune2006b.asp
- Title-Manuscript of Training program on National
Cocoa Rehabilitation (2001). Published by CRIN
- Chapters contributed by OLAIYA, A.O
- Chapter 3 – Land preparation and field establishment pp 9-11
- Chapter 4 – Cultural maintenance practices in cocoa plantations pp 12-15
- Chapter 11 – Cocoa rehabilitation pp 43 –44.
(e) Unpublished Conference, Workshop and Seminar Papers
- Sanusi R. A.; Adedeji A.R., Hamzat R.A and Olaiya A.O. (2009) Waste to wealth: Value addition to agricultural by-products as an approach to sustainable environmental management (a review). African Crop Science Conference proceedings. October 2009, South Africa.
- Famaye, A.O. &Olaiya, A.O. (2004) Evaluation of weed incidence and biomass at different densities of cocoa in South Western Nigeria paper presented at 32nd Annual conference of weed science society of Nigeria 31st October-4th November 2004.
- Olaiya, A.O. &Fagbayide, J.A. (2001) Pod production and yield evaluation in cocoa. Paper presented at 36th Annual Conference of Agricultural Society of Nigeria 16-20 September, Bauchi,2001.
- Adeyemi, E.A. Ipinmoroti, R.R. and Olaiya, A.O (2001). Coppicing: A proven rehabilitation method for cocoa. Paper presented at 19th Annual Conference of Horticultural Society of Nigeria 28th May-1stJune ,Nsukka 2001.
- Olaiya, A.O. (2000) Incidence of Bryophytes and Lichens on rehabilitated cocoa plots. Paper presented at Biennial Conference of Nigeria Society for Experimental Biology, Ilorin 6-9 September, 2000.
- Olaiya,A.O andL.A.Hammed (2011) Good Agricultural Practices in Cashew Plantation. Invited paper at 2nd National Cashew Summit held at Welcome Hotel, Lagos. Dec.1- 2,2011.
- Olaiya,A.O and I.O.Lawal (2011)Effects of spacing and intercropping on the rate of infestation of parasitic weed on Cocoa plantation.Paper at Weed Science Society of Nigeria conference held at FUNAAB Nov.1-3,2011.
- Olaiya, A.O., Fagbayide, J.A. and M.O. Atayese (2011) Cocoa cultivation in Africa: Evaluating the Ecophysiological nexus. Paper presented at Ecorhizophiomentology conference held at University of Ibadan 14-16 March, 2011.
- Olaiya, A.O (2009) Agroforestry System for Sustainable Cocoa Establishment and Productivity in West African Ecology. Paper presented at the 2nd INAFORESTA Conference. Bali Indonesia Nov. 2009.
- Olaiya, A.O and W.A. Jimoh (2009) Biodiversity Conservation and Utilization Under Traditional Cocoa Farming System in Nigeria. Paper presented at the 2ndINAFORESTA , Conference. Bali Indonesia Nov. 2009.
- Olaiya .A.O (2007) Good Agricultural Practices in Cocoa plantation. Presented at COCOQUAL Workshop 13-16 Feb, 2007 Accra Ghana.Funded by EU .
- Olaiya A.O. Aroyeun, S.O and I. Ndagi (2007) Implementation of good manufacturing practices in primary processing of Cocoa. Presented at COCOQUAL Workshop 13-16 Feb, 2007 Accra Ghana.Funded by EU.
(f) Technical Reports/Exhibition Reports/Patent.
- Daramola et al; (2006) Report of the Evaluation of sustainable options of cocoa rehabilitation for small holder Nigerian Cocoa farmers submitted to Scientific Committee of the Regional Sustainable and Competitive Cocoa Systems in Africa project financed by French co-operation.2003-2006
- Asare et al; (2004) Report of Trees and Cocoa in Nigeria. Published by Richard Asare in Cocoa Agroforestry in West Africa and financed by the Danish International Development Assistance.
- Oduwole et al; (2006) Report of the Cocoa survey in Ekiti State submitted to the Deputy Governor, Ekiti State, March, 2006. Sponsored by National Cocoa Development Committee.
- Olaiya et al (2006) Report of the Evaluation and calibration of newly manufactured sprayers for spraying of Herbicicdes, Fungicides and Insecticides on CRIN mandate crops August, 2006.
- Olaiya, A.O Contributing author: Workshop paper on production and development of kolanut in Nigeria: Problems and prospect delivered at TRECODEM/CRIN/RMRCD collaborative workshop held at Akure, August, 2006.Published TRECODEM,2006.
- Olaiya, A.O Contributing Author: Training manual on preparation of cocoa nursery. Produced by Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria and sponsored by National Cocoa Development Committee, Abuja, 2005.
- Olaiya, A.O. (2005). Cocoa rehabilitation-A paper presented at workshop on the methods of improved production, farm rehabilitation, quality control and produce legislation for sustainable cocoa development at Ogbere, Ogun State September, 2005.
- Adeyemi A.A. and Olaiya A.O. (2000) Weed control in Young Cocoa (Theobroma cacao) with Folar 525. Published in Annual report of the Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria. pages 19-21.
- Olaiya, A.O. and Badaru, K (2000).Further investigation on the basic effect of scarification techniques on uniform and prompt germination of Cola nitida nut. Published in Annualreport of the Cocoa ResearchInstituteof Nigeria. pp23.
- Olaiya,A.O; L.A.Hammed and A.A.Oloyede (2004).Evaluation of selected high yielding variety of Cola spp for seedling establishment. CRIN annual report 2004.
- OlaiyaA.O., and K. Badaru (2004). Rehabilitation of old and unproductive kola plantation through budding on chupon regeneration. CRIN Annual report 2004.
Last Updated on April 23, 2019 by FUNAAB