The Unit uses communication tools including the weekly FUNAAB Bulletin, social media, News Flash, press releases, FUNAAB News, official memos notice boards, print and electronic media, as well as the internet, to achieve objectives.
- Creating local and international media awareness about the University’s major events and achievements.
- Monitoring news and public comments about the University in the print, electronic and / or online media, which serves as the University’s early warning on any emerging trend.
- Providing officers to serve as Masters of Ceremonies at University functions.
- Initiating and implementing public relations strategies for the University, to enable maintenance of cordial relations with its vital publics, by influencing campus development agenda.
- Generating and editing of web content for the relevant pages on the University website.
- Generating and placing of corporate advertisements, based on requests from the relevant Colleges/Institutes/Centres/Departments/Units on specific activities or programmes.
- Keeping the University Community and the general public abreast of the happenings in the University by the issuance of Press release, Weekly Bulletin, News Flash and FUNAAB News Magazine.
Supplying of newspapers to the various offices in the University.
- Fielding media requests, maintaining contact bases and assisting reporters. Also, co-coordinating press conferences and tours.