The Registry is the administrative nerve centre of the University where all administrative activities are coordinated. The Registry is headed by the Registrar, Dr. Bola Adekola, who is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University. The Registrar is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University and is, by virtue of the Office, the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
The Registry under the current leadership has been successfully repositioned to discharge its statutory responsibilities to the public, staff and students, in line with the University mission and vision by adopting principles and practices of 21st Century University Administration.
In addition to the Registrar’s Office, the Registry has the following Units:
- Council Affairs Unit;
- Executive Affairs Unit (domiciled in the Vice-Chancellor’s Office);
- Senate and Admissions Unit;
- Examinations and Records Unit;
- Academic Staff Establishment Unit;
- Senior Non-Teaching Staff Establishment Unit;
- Junior Staff Establishment Unit;
- Pension Administration Unit; (domiciled in the Vice-Chancellor’s Office) and
- Personnel Records and Statistics (A new unit)