Dr Temitope Ayisat Ajadi Ph.D. is an associate Professor of Theriogenology at Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. She had her higher education at University of Ibadan where she obtained her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in year 2000 where she bagged several prizes and awards such as Olufunmilayo Agbato prize for the best female student in Poultry Medicine; Departmental prize in Veterinary Surgery and Reproduction; Prof. H.U. Akpokodje prize in Veterinary Surgery and Reproduction and Prof. D.H. Hill prize for the best student in Veterinary Surgery and Reproduction. She proceeded to obtain her Masters and PhD degrees in Veterinary Reproduction in the same University. She is a Member of Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association; Member, Third World Organization for Women in Science and Member, American Society for Theriogenology.
Dr Temitope Ayisat Ajadi began her academic career at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta Nigeria in December, 2006. In the course of her academic career, she had won travel grants, training grants and commendations. These include Third World Organization for Women in Science (TWOWS) travel grant fellowship; Tertiary Educational Trust Fund Academic Staff Training and Development; Tetfund Research Grant for Evaluation of effect of Chronic stress on the Nigerian Indigenous chickens and its transgenerational effects on their chicks; Commendation from St Cloud State University, St Cloud, Minnesota, U.S.A. and Commendation from Registrar, FUNAAB for contribution towards the overall success of the first semester examination of 2016/2017 Academic session.
Dr Temitope Ayisat Ajadi has served in various capacities in the University. She has been an active member of the Student Disciplinary Committee, member Curriculum committee and chairman of the COLVET Induction committee.
Dr Temitope Ajadi focus of research as a Theriogenologist has been on reproductive diseases and control of reproduction in Companion Animals. Over the years, she has studied the epidemiology and occurrence of reproductive diseases in bitches and other companion animals She is a dedicated and passionate teacher, a diligent researcher and an astute Small Animal Reproduction clinician. An outstanding scholar in her chosen field with over 30 publications in national and international journals.
⦁ Doctor of Philosophy (Theriogenology) 2015
⦁ Master of Veterinary Science (Theriogenology) 2010
⦁ Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.) 2000
⦁ Senior School Certificate Examination (S. S. C. E.) 1991
* Efficacy of drug combination for lumbosacral anaesthesia
* Prof. D.H. Hill Best Student in Vet. Surgery &Reproduction
* Prof. H.U. Akpokodje Prize in Vet. Surgery Reproduction
* Departmental Prize in Vet. Surgery and Reproduction.
* Olufunmilayo Agbato Prize for the best female student in poultry medicine
⦁Member, Student Disciplinary Committee, 2020 till date
⦁ Member, Board of Studies COLVET, 2020 till date
⦁ Member, CISLT, 2018- 2020
⦁ Chairman, 10th Induction Committee, Department of Veterinary 2017-2019
Surgery and Theriogenology, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
⦁Member, Student Disciplinary Committee, 2016 – 2018
⦁ Member, Curriculum Committee, 2014 -2015
⦁ Member, Postgraduate Committee, COLVET 2015 till date
⦁ Member, College Board COLVET, 2007 till date
⦁ Member, Student Disciplinary Committee,2011 – 2014
* Member, Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association (NVMA)
* Member, Society for Theriogenology
* Member, Society for the study of Reproduction.
1. Ajadi R.A; Aladesawe T.A Adewoye C.O., Oyemakinde B.O.(2001). Congenital rectovaginal defect and atresia ani in a four week old local puppy. A case report. Trop Vet 19 (2) 55-57.
2. Adetunji A; Ajadi R.A Aladesawe T.A (2001) A comparison of epidural anesthesia with lignocaine, Bupivacaine and lignocaine/Bupivacaine mixture in dogs. Isr. Journal of Vet. Med. 56(3) 85-89.
3. Ajadi R.A. Ajadi T.A; Nasir O. M. Abiade A.A. (2002). Case report of suspected hypertrophic osteodystrophy in a five-month-old female Alsatian. Trop Vet. 20(2) 96-100.
4. Ajadi, T.A; Ajadi, R.A; Agbaje, M; Abiade A.A. (2008). Cystic endometrial hyperplasia-pyometra complex in bitches: a report of three cases. Indian Journal of Veterinary Surgery. 29: 2
Dissertation and Thesis
1. A comparison of Lignocaine, Bupivacaine and Lignocaine/Bupivacaine mixture for lumbosacral epidural anesthesia in dogs.
2. Evaluation of the effect of mucus of Achatina marginata on sperm morphology and bacteria counts in goat semen preservation (Awaiting oral defence)