Dr. Samuel C. Attama is a young, ambitious, vibrant and an erudite scholar. He was born on 5th January some years ago in the family of Sir Chief and Lady Elias U. Attama (late) of Umu-Eze Village, Amofu Ekwegbe in Igbo-Etiti L.G.A of Enugu State, Nigeria.
He began his primary Education at Central school Ekwgbe (1994 - 1999) and Secondary Education at Community High School Ekwegbe (1999 - 2005). In his several years of attempt to secure admission to further his education at the University, he attached himself as a teacher in so many secondary Schools and lesson Centres, to mention but few; Community High School Ekwegbe ( his Alma mater, 2007- 2011), Christ the King College Ohebe-Dim (2009 - 2010), Miklouis Memorial Secondary School Achara Ohodo (2010 - 2011), Alpha Lesson Centre Nsukka (2011 - 2012), Prince Lesson Centre Nsukka (2011 -2013).
He was later admitted into the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) for his Tertiary Education in the year 2009 and later bagged Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree with several awards and recognitions in 2015.
He did his one year compulsory National Youth Service (NYSC) in Lagos State during which he actively participated in a lots of Health programmes and Disease Surveillance and interventions, among them includes Lagos State AIDS Control Agency ( LSACA), Lagos State Avian Influenza Surveillance Team etc.
He later proceeded to University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he obtained his Masters of Science in Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology in year 2020 with distinction. He joined the service of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) in August, 2019 as lecturer II and Veterinary Registrar in the Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Veterinary Teaching Hospital FUNAAB respectively.
His research interests is in the area of Complementary and Alternative Medicine with emphasis on antidiabetic drugs. He has over four publications in a high impact scientific peer- reviewed jounals and is actively involved in so many research projects. He enjoys listening to music and wise sayings.
M.Sc., University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) 2021
DVM, University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) 2015 SSCE, Community High School, Ekwegbe 2005 FSLC, Central School, Ekwegbe 1999
1. Acute toxicological evaluation and antioxidant effects of aqueous leaf extract of Vernonia hymenolepis A Rich. in wistar rats. Attama SC, Aba PE, Asuzu IU.
2. Ameliorative effects of Vernonia hymenolepis on hepatorenal damages caused by alloxan monohydrate administration in wistar rats. Attama SC, Aba PE, Asuzu IU.
a) Member, Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association
b) South-Eastern Zonal Coordinator, Forum of Nigerian Toxicologists
c) Member, Physiological Society
1. Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Biotechnology Group University of Nigeria Nsukka in collaboration with INQABA BIOTEC WEST AFRICA. 2ND International Conference on Biologics Research and Development. Revolutionizing Life Sciences Research to promote human welfare. July 30th – July 4th, 2021. Energy Centre Auditorium, UNN and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences Auditorium, UNN.
2. Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. A 3 day academic University retreat on University ethics, pedagogy and examination matters. June 21st – June 23rd, 2021. JA0 3, FUNAAB.
3. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nigeria Nsukka. Maiden International Conference on Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences. Exploring innovations in agro-veterinary and biomedical research for sustainable development. 9th-11th March, 2021. Princess Alexandria Auditorium, UNN.
4. Forum of Nigerian Toxicologists. An Inaugural Toxicology Conference (FONTOX 1). Contemporary issues in the Science of Toxicology. 11th – 12th March, 2020. Pre-clinical Lecture Theater, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
5. Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nigeria Nsukka. 1St International Conference on Pharmaceutical Sciences and Industry. Innovations in Pharmaceutical Industry and life sciences: the path to improved health and well-being. 1st – 5th March, 2020. Princess Alexandria Auditorium, UNN and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences Auditorium, UNN.
6. African Veterinary Association/Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association. 6th/53rd Annual Congress, Coal City 2016. Towards Economic Diversification and Sustainable Development in Africa. 31st October to 4th November, 2016. Hilton Hotel, Enugu, Nigeria.
7. Agricare STD Plus Limited in collaboration with Poultry Association of Nigeria, Enugu Chapter. A day Seminar on Recent advancement in Poultry Nutrition (Feed Formulation) and Management. 12th March, 2020. Oakland Hotel, Enugu, Nigeria.
8. School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Postgraduate Workshop on Research Methodology and Application of ICT in Research. 18th October, 2018. ICT Section, Nnamdi Azikiwe Library, UNN.
1. Attama SC, Aba PE, Asuzu CU, Asuzu IU. (2021). Comparative studies on the hypoglycemic and antioxidant activities of Vernonia amygdalina and Vernonia tenoreana in alloxan-induced hyperglycemic rats. Clinical Phytoscience.
2. Eze UU, Eze IO, Nzeakor TA, Attama SC, Ezenduka EV, Onah DN. (2019). Prevalence and risk factors associated with Cryptosporidium Spp in local breeds of dog in Enugu State, Nigeria. Veterinary World Journal. 12(5): 729-733; Doi: 10.14202/vetworld.2019.729-734.