My research interest focuses on the relationship between tourism and the well being of indigenous people in destination communities. I am also interested in livelihood studies, rural development, community engagement and tourism sustainability. I have conducted fieldwork on rural livelihoods in communities around waterfall destinations in southwestern Nigeria. In the near future, I seek to explore homegrown initiatives to drive tourism development in rural destinations in Nigeria.
M.Sc. Tourism and Development, University of Ibadan 2015
B.Sc. Hotel Management and Tourism, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria 2011
ND Catering and Hotel Management, Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun State, Nigeria 2006
Influence of waterfalls as tourist destinations on the livelihood outcome of rural households in Southwestern Nigeria
(a) Needs Assessment Intervention Fund Award (NAIF) of N1,400,000.00 from the Federal university of Agriculture Abeokuta for Ph.D. in Tourism Development at University of Ibadan, 2017.
(b) Best graduating B.Sc. student (First Class) in the Department of Home Economics/ Hotel Management and Tourism, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, 2011.
(c) Best graduating B.Sc. student in the College of Food Science and Applied Tourism at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, 2011.
i. Lecturer II – Department of Hospitality and Tourism, College of Food Science and Human Ecology, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. Teaching, Research and Community Extension Services. January 2018 till date
ii. Assistant Lecturer – Department of Hospitality and Tourism, College of Food Science and Human Ecology, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. Teaching, Research and Community Extension Services. January 2015 – 2018.
iii. Graduate Assistant – Department of Hospitality and Tourism, College of Food Science and Human Ecology, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. January 2015 – 2018.
Member, Rural Sociological Association of Nigeria (RuSAN)
Odebode S. O. and Kevin-Israel, O. C. (2019). The effectiveness of formal mentoring programmes in teaching and health professions. Paper presented at the First International Conference on Human Rights and Gender Education, (CHURGE) Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ijebu- ode. 19th -22nd August, 2019.
2. Odebode, S. O., Kevin-Israel, O. C. and Dada, D. D. (2019) Factors associated with family planning among rural dwellers in Oyo State, Nigeria. Paper presented at the Biennial Conference of the Centre for Gender and Social Policy, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 12th – 15th May, 2019.
3. Odebode S. O., Kevin-Israel O.C., and Etihomhen, O. E. (2019). Gender Differentials of Lumbering Activities among Rural Households in Isokan Local Government Area of Osun State, Nigeria. Paper presented at the 24th Annual Conference of the Agricultural Extension Society of Nigeria (AESON). 7th – 10th April, 2019.
4. Oduntan, O. C., and Aremu, D. A. (2017): The significance of rural tourism development to the Host community of Olumirin waterfalls, Nigeria. Paper presented at The 5th International Conference on Hospitality and Tourism Management, The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM), Sri Lanka. 17th – 18th October, 2017.
5. Oduntan, O. C., Adebesin, L and Oluwayemi, O. (2017). Assessing the impacts of Green Legacy Resort to tourism development in Ogun State, Nigeria. Paper presented at The 8th Annual Ibadan Sustainable Development Summit at the Centre for Sustainable Development (CESDEV), University of Ibadan. 21st -25th August, 2017.
6. Oladosu O. A., Adesiyan B. E., Adeyefa E. A. and Oduntan O. C. (2016) Impact of Marketing Strategy on Promotion of Tourism Destination using some selected resorts in Ibeju-Lekki Local Government of Lagos State. Paper presented at the 1st international conference on Food Science and Human Ecology held at Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta, Nigeria. 20th -25th November, 2016.
1. Akande O. A., Adeyemi, F. C. and Kevin-Israel, O. C. (2021): Charting New Paths for the Tourism Industry: Post Covid-19 Adaptation Strategies in Hotel Operations. African Journal for Sustainable Development. 11(1), 1-13, a University-based Journal Published by the Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan.
2. Agboola, M., Olowo, R. A. and Kevin-Israel, O. C. (2021): Evaluation of Impact of Tourism on the Quality of Life of the Host community Resident in Idanre, Ondo State, Nigeria. Journal of Tourism and Hospitality. 10:469, an EBSCO A-Z-indexed Journal Published by Longdom Publishing. Available online at https://www.longdom.org/open-access/evaluation-of-impact-of-tourism-on-the-quality-of-life-of-the-host-community-resident-in-idanre-ondo-state-nigeria.pdf
3. Kevin-Israel, O. C. and Odebode, S. O. (2020): Perceived Effects of Waterfalls on the Livelihood Outcome of Rural Households around Waterfalls in Southwest Nigeria. African Journal for Sustainable Development. 10(2), 17-35, a University-based Journal Published by the Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan.
4. Odebode, Stella O. and Kevin-Israel O. C. (2020): The effectiveness of formal mentoring programs in Teaching and health professions. Journal of Human Rights and Gender Education. 2(2), 27-41, a University-based Journal Published by Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria.
5. Iwuagwu, C. C., Kukoyi, I. A. and Oduntan O. C. (2016): Rural Tourism: A Tool for Promoting Rural Development and Peace; A study of Anambra State, South- East Nigeria. African Journal of Sustainable Development. 6(3), 59-88, a University-based Journal Published by Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan.
6. Iwuagwu C., Kukoyi I. A., Oduntan O. C., Oladosu O. A., Olatunji, T. T. and Agboola O. M. (2015): Cultural Heritage; Its implication on the social and economic life of the people of Arondizogu community in Imo state. (A case study of Ikeji Festival). HATMAN Journal of Hospitality and Tourism. 5(1), 76-85, a Society-based Journal Published by Hospitality and Tourism Management of Nigeria, Kaduna.
7. Yusuf, T. G., Bakare, K. O. and Oduntan O. C. (2014): ICT and Marketing among Selected Hotels in Lagos, Nigeria. International Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, 3, 17-24, a Society-based Journal Published by Family and Consumer Sciences Society of Nigeria (FACSSON).
8. Yusuf T. G. and Oduntan O. C. (2013): Assessment of the Quality of Human Resources in the Hospitality Industry in Osogbo, Osun State. Journal of Research in Tourism, 4, 80-87, an Institution-based Journal Published by National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism Abuja, Nigeria.
9. Enemuo, Ogechi B and Oduntan O. C. (2012): Social Impact of Tourism Development on Host Communities of Osun Oshogbo Sacred Grove. Journal of Humanities and Social Science (JHSS). ISBN: 2279-0845. 2(6), 30-35, a Crossref-Indexed Journal Published by International Organization of Scientific Research Available online at: http://iosrjournals.org/iosr-jhss/papers/Vol2-issue6/F0263035.pdf