LOCATION: COUNTRY OFFICE (FUNAAB)
Objectives – It is expected that the main objectives for the Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation Expert will be to:
- Develop modalities for tracking the project activities and ensuring that milestones are achieved as at when due.
- Device and monitor product flow by working closely with all value chain actors (farmers, processors, end-users, and consumers) of cassava based dried products, farmers and other market intermediaries to improve the efficiency and competitiveness within the value chain.
- Promote the establishment of monitoring mechanisms to help coordinate project activities along the value chain as well as improving communications and understanding within the value chain.
Duties – The duties of the Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation Expert will be determined in conjunction with the Country Manager but are expected to include:
- Participate actively in the project activities leading to the actualisation of the overall project objectives.
- Identify and document successes, risks, challenges, and opportunities in the course of project implementation.
- Document regularly price, volume, and beneficiaries that supplied cassava roots to any market.
- Communicate identified risks or threats to the CM, BDEs, CTE(P) so as to make and implement recommendations for guidance to the actualisation of the overall project objectives.
- Ensure that farmers, processors and other value chain actors adhere to contract agreement or terms on the signed MoUs
- Identify “trouble spots” in the value chain and recommending interventions that the project could implement.
- Facilitate regular meetings of project beneficiaries and groups for information dissemination, shared learning experience and project monitoring & Evaluation purposes.
- Undertake any other activities relevant to the achievement of the project objectives as may be assigned by the Country Manager.
Qualification & Requirements
- At least 5 years proven experience in the Development Project Monitoring & Evaluation
- A Statistics, Project Management, Economics or Agricultural degree.
Last Updated on May 13, 2014 by admin