Clockwise: Prof. Mahmood Yakubu Lecture Theatre; Zoo Park; 500-Seater Central Computer Laboratory; Souvenir Shop; Interlocking Walkways at the entrance of PG School; Newly-Constructed Road from FUNIS Male and Female Hostel to IS&RC; Newly-Constructed Road from Health Centre through the Creche to IS&RC and the Perimeter Fencing of the yet to be completed FUNAAB Staff School.
Barely five months in office, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Olusola Bandele Oyewole has started making good his promise to complete the 25 Projects he inherited from his predecessor, Professor Oluwafemi Olaiya Balogun.
According to the Directorate of Physical Planning (DPP), the Professor Oyewole-led Administration has completed about 15 out of the 25 projects he met on ground.
Speaking on behalf of his Director, the Deputy Director, Directorate of Physical Planning (DPP), Architect Babatunde Anasanwo listed the completed projects as follows:
1. The 2000-Capacity Professor Mahmood Yakubu Lecture Theatre
2. The 500-Seater Central Computer Laboratory
3. Zoological Garden
New Female Hostel, Block C
New Female Hostel, Block D
6. Interlocking Walkways for Postgraduate School, College of Food Science and Human Ecology (COLFHEC) and Biotechnology Centre
7. Interlocking Walkways for College of Environmental Resources Management (COLERM) Phase 2 and 500-Capacity Computer Central Laboratory
8. Central Car Park
9. The Lodges Complex Road to Health Centre Road
10. FUNIS Road to Staff School Road
11. The fencing of Staff School Building
12. Landscaping of the new Female Hostel Complex
13. The Walkway, Car Park and drainage of the new Female Hostel
14. The University Souvenir Centre
15. 3000-Capacity Poultry Building
Architect Anasanwo further disclosed that the Institute for Food Security Environmental Resources and Agricultural Research (IFSERAR) is as good as completed “because they are working only on the finishes adding that the on-going projects are:
– Staff School
– 2,500 Capacity Auditorium
– Veterinary Teaching Hospital
– Auxiliary Buildings at International Scholars Resource Centre
– International Scholars Resource Centre Swimming Pool
– Works and Services Road
– Sports Complex Grand Stand
– Construction of Concrete Culvert from Farm Centre to INHURD
He stressed that about 15 of the projects have been completed pointing out that “this is an indication that very soon all the other projects would soon be completed, given the speed at which the Vice-Chancellor is going”.
It would be recalled that the Vice-Chancellor inherited 25 projects from his predecessor.
Professor Oyewole during his tour of Colleges and Departments assured the University Community that he wont embark on any fresh project until he completes those he met on ground.
Last Updated on October 4, 2012 by admin